What do you think it means to be an Aussie???
The Slang, pride in your country, personality??
Well I think it's about taking pride in your country and respecting everyone and everything =D
Turn on thread page Beta
True Blue Aussie =D ( let as gather for world domination O_O ) watch
- Thread Starter
- 20-10-2008 08:19
- 27-10-2008 12:26
I was born in australia (but have an NZ passport)
I think being patriotic is the most important thing about being an aussie.
- 31-10-2008 15:41
i did my undergrad in Aussie...& i've been in/out of the country a lot throughout my life so far (loads of relatives in Oz). even attended kindie for a short stint at one point of my life. so can i be a mock Aussie? heh
being Aussie is (disclaimer: this is done partly in jest) :
* the distinctly Aussie slang
* "no worries, mate"
* a liking for Vegemite
* you know what Tim Tams are...& the Tim Tam Slam
* you know the words to Waltzing Matilda & you actually know what the words mean too
* sports - Aussie Rules footie, rugby union, motorsports, surfing, soccer...hey, it's a sporting nation after all
* kicking back with a bottle of VB...none of that Foster's stuff