The Student Room Group

RAF Basic Training - Kit List and other info

Hi,

My son was told last week he has a start date of the end of July for his basic training but has been given no real info about this beyond what time to be there, clothing and hair. Does anyone have access to a current kit list? Or any other information? As my son is only 17 are parents allowed on to the site at all on arrival day? I am surprised that as he is still legally my responsibility that I have not been given any information at all.

TIA for any reply
Email his raf contact all these questions.
There used to be a guy called @RAF_Adam on here and he used to be really helpful but I've not see him in a while. Apprently he is on reddit r/royalairforce_adam or similar and he woild be worth finding
Reply 2
Original post by Waterdagger
Hi,

My son was told last week he has a start date of the end of July for his basic training but has been given no real info about this beyond what time to be there, clothing and hair. Does anyone have access to a current kit list? Or any other information? As my son is only 17 are parents allowed on to the site at all on arrival day? I am surprised that as he is still legally my responsibility that I have not been given any information at all.

TIA for any reply

Kit lists change.

His candidate portal should have all the info, if it doesn't, get him to chase it.

He's joining the RAF, not you, he needs to chase it down. Yes, you're responsible for him, but this is something he needs to do.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=501645&d=1454876959

Swimming cap (Not needed)
alarm clock (not needed)
change for laundry facilites (Not needed)(Free)
Reply 4
Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest