frankjr
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hello everyone,
I searched this forum and on the internet but couldn't find satisfying or complete answers.

Cambridge IGCSE / A levels ( AS LEVELS )
they have core and extended
for the core exams the maximum grade you can get is C grade and many universities dont' accept core or AS levels

The grading for A levels and IGSE extended
is from A*, A B C D etc

now for EdExcel A levels
does it have the same gradings like CIE extended version
A B C

because some blogs have mentioned the EdExcel is like CIE core

Appreciate your answers
frankjr
Rep:
?
Edexcel vs cie vs oxford
frankjr
Rep:
?
Can anyone recommend article or blog on this
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
How old are you? If you haven't taken IGCSEs yet then I wouldn't worry too much about A levels. You don't have to stick with the same exam board for everything.

I don't know much about CAIE but I don't think it has Core and Extended at A level.

I am pretty certain that the following is true for all A levels, regardless of which exam board offers them:
AS levels examine the first half of A level content. The possible grades are A, B, C, D, E, U.
A levels (obviously) cover the full content of the A level and have possible grades of A*, A, B, C, D, E, U.

The majority of international A level specifications are modular. This means they use AS exams and A2 exams (which examine the second half of the A level content, plus a bit of examining the entire content) to determine the overall grade.
(This is not the case in England, where most people don't take AS level exams at all as the full A level is examined in one set of exams at the end of the course.)
Last edited by Compost; 2 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (309)
83.97%
No (59)
16.03%

Watched Threads