The Student Room Group

Student finance

I have apply for the wrong year instead of 2021/2022 I applied for2020/2021. they say that my account will be deleted in 24 hours but if I make a new account do I need to send the evidence again or do I just do a cover letter telling them what happens with the old customer reference number and also do I need to use that customer reference number in the new application please help.
Original post by nickymoon22
I have apply for the wrong year instead of 2021/2022 I applied for2020/2021. they say that my account will be deleted in 24 hours but if I make a new account do I need to send the evidence again or do I just do a cover letter telling them what happens with the old customer reference number and also do I need to use that customer reference number in the new application please help.

Hi, we can't and don't delete accounts.

You must cancel your 20/21 application and then re apply for 21/22 using the same account.
Thanks, Isaac
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi, we can't and don't delete accounts.

You must cancel your 20/21 application and then re apply for 21/22 using the same account.
Thanks, Isaac

Thank you

But you think that if I apply now i will have time for the money to be on my account when my course start.
Thank you

But you think that if I apply now i will have time for the money to be on my account when my course start.

We can't provide that guarantee but hopefully if you apply now as it only takes up to 6 weeks at the moment. We start getting very busy after August so I advise applying before August.
Thanks, Isaac
We can't provide that guarantee but hopefully if you apply now as it only takes up to 6 weeks at the moment. We start getting very busy after August so I advise applying before August.
Thanks, Isaac

I got another question, so I have applied for the student finance but they told me that I'm not entitled to a maintenance loan because I have a Pre-settle statute at the moment, however this August I will be receiving my British citizenship certificate and this will change my statue as a UK resident do you think this will change my entitlement as full support financially.

Thank you
I got another question, so I have applied for the student finance but they told me that I'm not entitled to a maintenance loan because I have a Pre-settle statute at the moment, however this August I will be receiving my British citizenship certificate and this will change my statue as a UK resident do you think this will change my entitlement as full support financially.

Thank you

Will you be gaining full settled status?

What is your Nationality?

How long have you been residing in the UK?

Thanks, Isaac
Will you be gaining full settled status?

What is your Nationality?

How long have you been residing in the UK?

Thanks, Isaac

My Nationality is Spanish. but when I gain the British citizenship certificate, I become a British resident which means I'm entitled to everything in the country because I'm a British citizen by that point, and I have been living in the Uk for 6 years.
My Nationality is Spanish. but when I gain the British citizenship certificate, I become a British resident which means I'm entitled to everything in the country because I'm a British citizen by that point, and I have been living in the Uk for 6 years.

If you will have a UK passport, then you can apply as a UK National.

You should send evidence of your UK Nationality once you receive it and we can review your eligibility.
Thanks, Isaac
If you will have a UK passport, then you can apply as a UK National.

You should send evidence of your UK Nationality once you receive it and we can review your eligibility.
Thanks, Isaac

i wont be having the passport yet i will be having my bristish certificate which still makes me a British resident in englands.
i wont be having the passport yet i will be having my bristish certificate which still makes me a British resident in englands.

You can only apply as a UK National by sending valid UK passport details or a valid UK birth certificate.

If you don't have either of those then you can't apply as a UK National.

As an EU National with over 5 years in the UK, I'd expect you to have been awarded settled status by now too so you should be eligible to apply for home student funding as an EU National.

Thanks, Isaac
You can only apply as a UK National by sending valid UK passport details or a valid UK birth certificate.

If you don't have either of those then you can't apply as a UK National.

As an EU National with over 5 years in the UK, I'd expect you to have been awarded settled status by now too so you should be eligible to apply for home student funding as an EU National.

Thanks, Isaac

But i have read in the Governemnet page that if I hold a British citizens certificate Im entilte to student finance like tuition fee and maintenance loan
But i have read in the Governemnet page that if I hold a British citizens certificate Im entilte to student finance like tuition fee and maintenance loan

A British citizen certificate isn't something we accept as identity.

We do accept Certificate of Naturalisation from Rest of the world Nationals but not EU Nationals.

Thanks, Isaac

A British citizen certificate isn't something we accept as identity.

We do accept Certificate of Naturalisation from Rest of the world Nationals but not EU Nationals.

Thanks, Isaac

I have already Apply for student finance as well I have already sent all other documents to prove my identity as well my residence in the UK, but they put a hold on my application because I want to apply for a maintenance loan but they told me that I can't because I have a pre-settle statue and I just wanted to know that when I get my British citizenship my statue in the country changes to settle and if the student finance will be able to proceed my application by able me to have maintenance loan.
I have already Apply for student finance as well I have already sent all other documents to prove my identity as well my residence in the UK, but they put a hold on my application because I want to apply for a maintenance loan but they told me that I can't because I have a pre-settle statue and I just wanted to know that when I get my British citizenship my statue in the country changes to settle and if the student finance will be able to proceed my application by able me to have maintenance loan.

I was discussing your case with my colleagues. It's difficult to say because to apply as a UK National you need to provide UK passport details or a UK Birth Certificate.

EU Nationals who have gained settled status can apply as home students, as you have gained citizenship then it means you have gained settled status. However it appears you didn't apply for settled status as an EU National but applied for citizenship the old way.

So myself and my colleagues think it's best that you send in your certificate and our residency team will review and make a decision.
Thanks, Isaac
I was discussing your case with my colleagues. It's difficult to say because to apply as a UK National you need to provide UK passport details or a UK Birth Certificate.

EU Nationals who have gained settled status can apply as home students, as you have gained citizenship then it means you have gained settled status. However it appears you didn't apply for settled status as an EU National but applied for citizenship the old way.

So myself and my colleagues think it's best that you send in your certificate and our residency team will review and make a decision.
Thanks, Isaac

Thank you, yeah when I called the student finance they say that they will put a note on my account that on the 5th I will receive my British citizen statute and he told me that after I receive it to add it to my account and send it the certificate to them. and the reason why I receive British citizenship is that I'm a care leaver and my local authority did it for me so they didn't really have to do it the long way.
Thank you, yeah when I called the student finance they say that they will put a note on my account that on the 5th I will receive my British citizen statute and he told me that after I receive it to add it to my account and send it the certificate to them. and the reason why I receive British citizenship is that I'm a care leaver and my local authority did it for me so they didn't really have to do it the long way.

You're welcome.

Yes I'd expect it to be fine, it's just not a usual case to be honest so it doesn't fit our usual guidelines clearly of how we advise customers.

Thanks, Isaac
You're welcome.

Yes I'd expect it to be fine, it's just not a usual case to be honest so it doesn't fit our usual guidelines clearly of how we advise customers.

Thanks, Isaac

Hello, i have upload my British citizenship to them and they say that I still won't be entitled to the maintenance ion because it doesn't fit the guidelines as you say. but I found really unfair because I still got the right to get full support because of the certificate that was entitled.

Thank you
Hello, i have upload my British citizenship to them and they say that I still won't be entitled to the maintenance ion because it doesn't fit the guidelines as you say. but I found really unfair because I still got the right to get full support because of the certificate that was entitled.

Thank you

Eu Nationals who gain settled status can be eligible as home students. In your case you never applied for settled status, you applied for citizenship. When I discussed with my colleague we assumed it should be ok, however it's not in our guidance.

Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply