a level psychology evaluation points

Watch
is.jenk
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Does anyone have any tips for how to learn and remember a level psychology evaluation paragraphs?
I always find these the hardest areas to remember
emilyprentiss8
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 months ago
If you're evaluating case studies then GRAVE really helps for me.
Generalisability
Reliability
Application (to the wider world)
Validity- ecological validity, task validity, etc.
Ethics
And then just write an Ao1 and Ao3 point for each. If you need an example then just ask.

If you're evaluating theories then SCOUTS helped with that.
Supporting evidence
Conflicting evidence
Other theories
Usefulness
Testability
Simplicity
And then write an Ao1 and Ao3 point for each.
SB1234567890
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
We were always taught to write paragraphs with a top, evidence and a tail and I'd try to remember a key word for each and write them on a flashcard

For example (bold words are what I'd write on the flashcard:

One strength of the SLT is that it is supported by research evidence, for example the Bobo doll study. Bandura found that children who observed aggressive adults were more likely to display aggression towards the bobo doll compared to children who watched an adult playing in a non-aggressive manner. This supports the idea the individuals learn behaviour through vicarious reinforcement and imitating the behaviours of role models and, like the behaviourist approach, supports the nurture debate.

Hope this helps
Last edited by SB1234567890; 6 months ago
is.jenk
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
(Original post by SB1234567890)
We were always taught to write paragraphs with a top, evidence and a tail and I'd try to remember a key word for each and write them on a flashcard

For example (bold words are what I'd write on the flashcard:

One strength of the SLT is that it is supported by research evidence, for example the Bobo doll study. Bandura found that children who observed aggressive adults were more likely to display aggression towards the bobo doll compared to children who watched an adult playing in a non-aggressive manner. This supports the idea the individuals learn behaviour through vicarious reinforcement and imitating the behaviours of role models and, like the behaviourist approach, supports the nurture debate.

Hope this helps
Hi
we are taught to do:
point
evidence
explain
link

I get that structure and i have the paragraphs in that structure but i just can't seem to remember them

Hi that makes sense, I might try highlighting some words as prompts
SupposedlyIronic
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by is.jenk)
Does anyone have any tips for how to learn and remember a level psychology evaluation paragraphs?
I always find these the hardest areas to remember
You'll find a lot of them are repeated, especially for things like the attachment topic (a few case studies can be applied in many cases) or approaches in which you're often addressing the same points (deterministic/free will, reductionism/holism, research methods, etc.).

When you're making your notes, don't write long sentences. Use keywords to trigger a whole host of memories. I have a thread on it here if you'd ever want.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (53)
21.63%
Note taking apps (6)
2.45%
Flashcards (47)
19.18%
Revision guides (15)
6.12%
Past papers (116)
47.35%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (8)
3.27%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed