missing sixth form but i'm 18?

Watch this thread
cremebrulees
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
i'm resitting yr12 because of medical reasons and i suffer from migraines, headaches and insomnia. i've been having headaches for the past 3 weeks and within these, i pushed myself to attend since we had exams. because of that, teachers think it's due to stress despite me telling them it's due to my medical condition. i've already missed 3 consecutive days of school, went in today and now i don't know if i'll be able to get myself in good shape tomorrow... anyone know of the truancy legislation etc applicable to 18yos?
g-shock16
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 10 months ago
I've not heard of the truancy legislation but legally after the age of 16 you don't legally have to be in school.
ReadingMum
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by g-shock16)
I've not heard of the truancy legislation but legally after the age of 16 you don't legally have to be in school.
up to 18 you do have to be in some form of education or apprenticeship. After 18 you don't so won't get in trouble but the school will probably want to understand around the medical condition and how it is going to affect you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (26)
19.12%
The paper was reasonable (60)
44.12%
Not feeling great about that exam... (22)
16.18%
It was TERRIBLE (28)
20.59%

Watched Threads