Is there still a chance I can be with this girl. Shall i message her?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Okay this is a complicated story, it’s long but just please read it and decide for yourself what I should do in this situation.

So in primary school (yes I know it’s primary school but hear me out) this girl really liked me, I mean really liked me more than anyone basically was obsessed with me, she also liked me in the early years of high school however we didn’t speak much and we kinda drifted away from each other from year 7 to 9 she became popular and I became really unpopular, in year 10 and 11 we was in the same classroom for a GCSE class and that was kinda the nail in the coffin for me, we still didn’t talk much and for some reason I acted like a complete moron in that class with my only mate and she basically saw how bad I became, I even think I saw her laugh at me sometimes (my own fault for acting like a moron I know) however I know for a fact she was still attracted to me, certain stuff showed that (I don’t wanna go into detail about it because this is long enough).

However that was 3 years ago and I now find myself here full of regret and thinking what could of been if I told her I liked her, or hung around with more normal friends at school. She still follows me on Instagram and views my Instagram stories (she’s following over 1,000 people), she’s single and I feel there a 90% chance it won’t happen but should I just say **** it and message the girl, I think about her everyday and I know she’s attracted to me and it’s basically now or never. She might think I’ve changed over the 3 years maybe. What’s your opinion? Should I message her or will I just make an idiot of myself?
urlocalinmate
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
It might confuse her but if you message her, you'll get closure.
Max1989
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Well no harm in doing it if you aren't really in touch, either way you get closure, either you reconnect or you get rejected... Who cares if you look like an idiot... Not like you see eachother often
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
It really doesn't seem like you've got anything to lose here. And there's nothing to suggest she wouldn't be receptive - it seems like everything that's passed between you two so far is basically ancient history.
shortkid
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
bro just be 100 with her and let her know that u have feelings for her, hit her up in the dm's and ask her out, what's the worst thing she could say? no??!? thats not bad at all, at least u would have an answer
Satori Tendō
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Is it possible to relate to a story any more than this? Are you the male version of me in an alternate universe? lol

I hope you have the guts to do it though. Otherwise you'll just keep regretting, the feeling of regret will never ever go away. Trust me
Anonymous #1
(Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
It really doesn't seem like you've got anything to lose here. And there's nothing to suggest she wouldn't be receptive - it seems like everything that's passed between you two so far is basically ancient history.
Thanks that’s definitely motivated more to giving her a message. Do you have any idea on what I should message her? I really don’t know how to start a conversation with her. Shall I just start with a simple hi? Or something different.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by urlocalinmate)
It might confuse her but if you message her, you'll get closure.
I don’t know wether to message her Hi? Or something else, might be a bit awkward if I just message Hi. Don’t know what else to message her though since we barely spoke in high school.
Anonymous #1
Should I just straight up tell her my feelings in the first message or start it out with a simple Hi or something and build up to it, I’m definitely motivated to messaging her I just don’t know what to message her 😂
Anonymous #1
(Original post by shortkid)
bro just be 100 with her and let her know that u have feelings for her, hit her up in the dm's and ask her out, what's the worst thing she could say? no??!? thats not bad at all, at least u would have an answer
Should I just straight up tell her my feelings in the first message or start it out with a simple Hi or something and build up to it, I’m definitely motivated to messaging her I just don’t know what to message her 😂
shortkid
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
tell her if she's free to hangout this weekend
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
I mean you may as well give it a go.

As a girl though, I would be very creeped out if some guy I went to high school with thinked I liked him 3 years after not speaking.
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I mean you may as well give it a go.

As a girl though, I would be very creeped out if some guy I went to high school with thinked I liked him 3 years after not speaking.
Yeah, that would be a bit weird. But if he spins it more as "let's catch up and get to know each other", acknowledging that they're the next best thing to strangers, then it might not come across as creepy.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hiya everyone just an update on this, I messaged her and she straight up didn’t even reply to me 😂 embarrassing I know. Yes I messaged her the most boring text ever however I thought I would’ve been able to at least got a reply. Life really sucks doesn’t it.
Imboredasf
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hiya everyone just an update on this, I messaged her and she straight up didn’t even reply to me 😂 embarrassing I know. Yes I messaged her the most boring text ever however I thought I would’ve been able to at least got a reply. Life really sucks doesn’t it.
Has she actually read it? And what did you say?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Imboredasf)
Has she actually read it? And what did you say?
She read it, I messaged her “hiya how’s it going” yes I know it’s boring as hell that’s probably why she didn’t respond. And she’s not interested
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (13)
14.29%
I need help researching courses (7)
7.69%
I need help with filling out the application form (6)
6.59%
I need help with my personal statement (36)
39.56%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (23)
25.27%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.2%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (4)
4.4%

Watched Threads