The Student Room Group

My brother is stressed

Hes has exams and I feel like he's over doing it. He was stressed earlier in the year but I thought exams were cancelled due to covid but he's still doing them and I don't understand. He's revising until 12am even can be 1 am. I've seen him because he's in my place staying for a bit. He's panicking and stressed over doing the revision. He'll pass hopefully but he thinks if he does fail that it's over. I'm trying to get him to be positive about passing.

He thinks he'll have no future if he fails, he probably won't fail but I'm just trying to get him to understand that if he does fail that he'll still have a future. I'm not sure if I should even just take him to the gp and maybe stop the exams because he's overdoing it, he's stressed, he isn't sleeping, he's panicking and it's not good. It can affect his health. I could get all this stress and everything then he could go back to retake the exams next year but that might make him feel the same as he does now so I don't know. Exams might not be for him if he's getting this stressed about them. They can be important but he can be successful without exams but what can change his future is stress because it can cause health problems in the future.
Reply 1
Many people get stressed about exams. I wouldn't say staying up to revise until midnight is particularly late tbh. If you are worried about him, speak to him and perhaps encourage him to speak to a teacher he trusts.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by volka
Many people get stressed about exams. I wouldn't say staying up to revise until midnight is particularly late tbh. If you are worried about him, speak to him and perhaps encourage him to speak to a teacher he trusts.

Would it be better if he doesn't do the exams
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Would it be better if he doesn't do the exams

It's not my place to say. I personally would persevere with revision and do the exams even if I was feeling stressed but Idk what the right solution for your brother is.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by volka
It's not my place to say. I personally would persevere with revision and do the exams even if I was feeling stressed but Idk what the right solution for your brother is.

OK

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending