suryansh_049
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I am from India and planning for studying zoology . what are requirements for an undergraduate to be admitted in university , which are the best universities for studying zoology.
Last edited by suryansh_049; 2 months ago
Uni of Southampton Students
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi there suryansh_049 , great question!

Here at the University of Southampton, the entry requirement for the Zoology (BSc) is AAB at A-Level. When it comes to answering which universities are the best, it totally depends on what you are wanting from the degree. Statistics-wise, Southampton is in the top 90 universities in the world, part of the Russel Group and also has extremely high student satisfaction scores across the degrees offered from the school of Biological Sciences. Southampton is heavily involved in research, meaning the academics and lecturers are teaching you the latest and most recent advances and discoveries within the subject.

As a biologist myself, I have thoroughly enjoyed all of the modules I have taken, with there being a wide variety of modules to choose from. The amount of options I have had has enabled me to really shape my degree to my own interests. There is an abundance of field courses and lab-based modules, meaning you can gain skills in many different practical areas which may help you in postgraduate courses and your eventual career.

If you have any particular questions regarding studying zoology, university of Southampton please let me know!

-Connor, Student Ambassador

(Original post by suryansh_049)
I am from India and planning for studying zoology . what are requirements for an undergraduate to be admitted in university , which are the best universities for studying zoology.
suryansh_049
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Uni of Southampton Students)
Hi there suryansh_049 , great question!

Here at the University of Southampton, the entry requirement for the Zoology (BSc) is AAB at A-Level. When it comes to answering which universities are the best, it totally depends on what you are wanting from the degree. Statistics-wise, Southampton is in the top 90 universities in the world, part of the Russel Group and also has extremely high student satisfaction scores across the degrees offered from the school of Biological Sciences. Southampton is heavily involved in research, meaning the academics and lecturers are teaching you the latest and most recent advances and discoveries within the subject.

As a biologist myself, I have thoroughly enjoyed all of the modules I have taken, with there being a wide variety of modules to choose from. The amount of options I have had has enabled me to really shape my degree to my own interests. There is an abundance of field courses and lab-based modules, meaning you can gain skills in many different practical areas which may help you in postgraduate courses and your eventual career.

If you have any particular questions regarding studying zoology, university of Southampton please let me know!

-Connor, Student Ambassador
Thanks Respected Human
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
2.94%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (10)
14.71%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (10)
14.71%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (8)
11.76%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (26)
38.24%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (12)
17.65%

Watched Threads