The Student Room Group

Part time work

Who knows of any jobs for students? ( it can be online as well)
Original post by CJ05

Shops, supermarkets, fast food places, cinemas, cafes, restaurants, touristy type places etc etc
Reply 2
Original post by Emma:-)
Shops, supermarkets, fast food places, cinemas, cafes, restaurants, touristy type places etc etc

Thanks but do you know anywhere specific?
Original post by CJ05
Thanks but do you know anywhere specific?

It would be hard to give you specific jobs as I do not know what jobs are available in your area (or even what area of the country you live in). Look around the shops, supermarkets, fast food places etc in your area and see who are hiring. They all take on students.
Look on companies own websites, as some places (e.g. Tesco, McDonald's etc) have their vacancies on their websites and require you to apply online on there. Also look on jobs websites such as indeed.com etc. Some places, especially smaller, independent, non chain cafes/restaurants/shops etc sometimes have signs up in their windows if they have any vacancies.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by CJ05

Hi, Why not to try tutoring? try tutoring website e.g. Edumentors (this is the only one that I know someone who uses it)
Original post by CJ05

I use an app called Young Work to find part-time work. They have remote and in-person jobs available nation-wide. Its free, when I used their services to find a law placement I wanted a corporate firm and they found one for me personally. Honestly cannot recommend them more.
Reply 6
Original post by TheBrownEgirl
I use an app called Young Work to find part-time work. They have remote and in-person jobs available nation-wide. Its free, when I used their services to find a law placement I wanted a corporate firm and they found one for me personally. Honestly cannot recommend them more.

Sorry for the late reply. But thanks for the recommendation it sounds good. The one that I have been hearing about is indeed but me personally, I don't really like it.
Reply 7
Original post by username5813699
Hi, Why not to try tutoring? try tutoring website e.g. Edumentors (this is the only one that I know someone who uses it)

Thanks for the reply. Do you know if you need some sort of qualifications?
Reply 8
Original post by Emma:-)
It would be hard to give you specific jobs as I do not know what jobs are available in your area (or even what area of the country you live in). Look around the shops, supermarkets, fast food places etc in your area and see who are hiring. They all take on students.
Look on companies own websites, as some places (e.g. Tesco, McDonald's etc) have their vacancies on their websites and require you to apply online on there. Also look on jobs websites such as indeed.com etc. Some places, especially smaller, independent, non chain cafes/restaurants/shops etc sometimes have signs up in their windows if they have any vacancies.

Oh alright. Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending