The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
well i haven't heard from them at all and didn't get any email about january ... interesting
Me either :/
Eeek. Hope this doesnt mean rejection.
To be frank id rather a rejection than wait til Jan :/
Got an interview on 22 December at York Uni!

Chuffed to be honest as I wouldn't mind going to York or Durham- they're my two first choices.
Reply 983
Bigglesthenerd
To be frank id rather a rejection than wait til Jan :/

Nahh surely not! you knew you'd be waiting ages when you applied - you didnt apply just to be rejected. Hold onto hope! it'll be a nice new year's gift when it comes.
Kenyen28
Well I received my rejection letter today from Oxford, for Law with Spanish Law... Rather depressing, I presumed I would get rejected in the long run, but I hoped I would at least have been called for interview. It's made me very worried about my LNAT, as I'm yet to hear decisions from Bristol and Exeter (my two other LNAT universities). I wasn't in the right frame of mind before I took it, and don't think it went too well.
Does anyone know whether you can request feedback as to why we were rejected?

oh, sorry to hear that Kian!
Reply 985
GCSES : 3 A* 6 A B/C/D/F
AS LEVELS : AAAE
PREDICTED : AAAC

OFFERS : Kings College London (M100 - 26th November), Sheffield (M100 - 27th October)

Still waiting on Nottingham, SOAS and Warwick.

GOOD LUCK GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!
theorangecab
Thanks! :smile: Yup, I got a notification email at noon. I have North American qualifications so I'm not sure if those'll help - let me know if you want to know my grades though, I can post them if you want to know them even though they're NAmerican.

Hahah, thank you! Aw, well you have many of your offers, congratulations to you too! Ahh, I haven't heard back from King's yet, I'm getting anxious - when did you send yours off?

14th October and sat LNAT on 31st...no need to get anxious as quite clearly your LNAT score is very good :yep:
Ah, I got a letter today from oxford, saying that my interview will be held at Jesus. Relieved that's come aas I was a little anxious for news after Worcester sent me their letters.
Reply 988
with everyone getting offers from KCL and UCL now i'm just getting scared. I sent in my UCAS app Oct. 1st and I took my lnat Oct 24..people who did stuff later than that or around that time have gotten offers. It makes me scared that they didn't get my lnat scores..is there a chance thats the case? I made sure that i registered with my ucas number sooo.....

i'm an international student and the international students seem to be getting their offers more quickly...

ahhhh this is driving me absolutely insane. I already have a undergraduate degree from an american university..a good one too... *sniffle* this is so frustrating. i sympathize with everyone else waiting.

i'm just wondering..is there a reason in particular its taking so long? i mean if they are gonna reject me, can't they just tell me?
mikethemuse
Ah, I got a letter today from oxford, saying that my interview will be held at Jesus. Relieved that's come aas I was a little anxious for news after Worcester sent me their letters.

How come you have heard from Warwick already? When did you apply and when did you hear from them?

I am worried because my AS grades were no where near yours?

Anyone know how long Exeter take?
Reply 990
Sephaeii
Hehe, congrats anyway! Being a bit dense this evening, can you tell me which uni UWE stands for? :rolleyes: Sorry!

Yeah. it's the University of the West of England, as some one said before me :smile:. It's in Bristol, it's not great but it gives me a little bit of hope that my application wasn't completely terrible. Coming on here worries me so much because everyone has the most amazing grades and mine are a bit like 'meh' in comparison!
If I sent my application of around the 13th, yeah... how long do I usually have to wait for offers? :s-smilie:
Reply 992
Incoherence
If I sent my application of around the 13th, yeah... how long do I usually have to wait for offers? :s-smilie:

Each Uni is different... Some reply quite early whilst KCL are usually quite slow... Good Luck With your application!
Why are people so impatient?

Then again, I can hardly talk - I got four offers within a month of sending my application.
Reply 994
Divide By Zero
Why are people so impatient?

Then again, I can hardly talk - I got four offers within a month of sending my application.

Because their decisions (the Unis) are going to affect the next 3-4 years of our lives! Perhaps more than that too.
:s-smilie:
Dil-Emma
Because their decisions (the Unis) are going to affect the next 3-4 years of our lives! Perhaps more than that too.
:s-smilie:

yeah, but being impatient isn't going to change anything, is it?
Reply 996
Divide By Zero
yeah, but being impatient isn't going to change anything, is it?

No but it gives us a reason to be impatient. Some people just don't have the virtue.
Dil-Emma
No but it gives us a reason to be impatient. Some people just don't have the virtue.

but I have hindsight =]
Reply 998
Divide By Zero
but I have hindsight =]

Go have your cake and eat it Mr. "I have 4 offers and an interview already".
:p:
Dil-Emma
Go have your cake and eat it Mr. "I have 4 offers and an interview already".
:p:

I think I will.

What kind of cake do you suggest?

Latest

Trending

Trending