The Student Room Group

69% grade classification

Hello, I have just received my final degree classification of a 2.1 with an average of 69%, I study history at Northumbria University. I have checked their website, but cannot see it stated anywhere, is there any chance of me getting this into a first? Thanks
If it says that you have achieved a 2:1, (not just that you have achieved 69%) they will have gone through all their near-miss procedures and decided to give you a 2:1 anyway unfortunately. They wouldn't really give you a grade then bump it up later. (nor would near-miss procedures require you to chase them up)
(edited 2 years ago)
I think, based on my university, that they take a second look at any borderline grades before deciding degree class and bump up if wanted. If your 69% was maybe lots of 75% and 64% they may compared to mostly 68% and One 72%.

So I think if they were going to do it, they would have already.
no

You got a 2:1

Had enough of people and universities bumping up grade with silly rules

Part of the reason why flippin 50% of graduates get 1sts

Education has become a joke
Original post by Anonymous
Hello, I have just received my final degree classification of a 2.1 with an average of 69%, I study history at Northumbria University. I have checked their website, but cannot see it stated anywhere, is there any chance of me getting this into a first? Thanks

Northumbria's degree classification regulations state:

"The marks profile of a student is regarded as borderline where the average mark of the qualifying modules is not more than 2% below a boundary between classes of degree with the exception of the boundary between Second Class Honours Upper Division and First Class Honours where the margin is
3%.

The higher class of degree is awarded:

if an average mark of 69%, 59% or 49% has been
attained and half of the graded credits at level 6 lie on
or above the appropriate boundary (i.e. all graded
modules and not just the best performing 100 credits)

if the majority of graded credits at level 6 lie on or
above the appropriate boundary (i.e. U graded
modules and not just the best performing 100 credits)
If this is not the case, the lower class of degree is awarded."

Have Northumbria applied their rules correctly?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending