Announcement: Introducing the New Meet the Volunteers page!

Watch
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hello good people of TSR, I have some news for you!

At the bottom of every TSR page, there is a little box that says:

TSR Support Team
We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

For a long long long long long long time (roughly 5 years), this used to link to a page that couldn't be updated as it had broken.

I am now delighted to announce that if you click that link - you are taken to a shiny new UPDATED page with all the details of our current Forum Helpers, Volunteers and Volunteer Section Leaders. :grin:

Hopefully this provides a little bit transparency and accuracy about who is doing what in the forums.

If you notice any errors in the article - please do send me a PM. :ta:

MR
On behalf of the TSR Volunteer Team
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
:congrats:

I have been keeping my eyes peeled for 4 years.
CheeseIsVeg
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
:woohoo:
Foxehh
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
:adore: You're fabulous.

Have the little boxes been updated too?
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
We’re famous folks :woo:
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by Foxehh)

No because that's the bit that's really hard to do.
In terms of the names displayed in those boxes, that is an accurate reflection of who technically has permissions in that forum.
The main exception to that being the Volunteer Section Leaders, who have permissions in all forums apart from AtCS. Some VSLs will display incorrectly because their responsibilities may have changed since becoming section leader.
As close as possible, the article now in place reflects who has permissions in each forum and should match the names displayed at the bottom.
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Foxehh)

Sadly not that little widget is really bugged apparently and would require CS resources to change.
The article was a VT led project and the only staff input was changing the hyperlink :yes:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.75%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
13.75%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (14)
17.5%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
11.25%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
36.25%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (14)
17.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise