The Student Room Group

Newman University Primary Education BA Online Interview

Hey. Has anyone done their online primary education interview? If so how did it go and what do they ask?
Original post by AK-1234
Hey. Has anyone done their online primary education interview? If so how did it go and what do they ask?

Hi, I've got mine next week. Just wondering if you've had yours and could give any pointers?
Reply 2
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Alexiaogden
Hi, I've got mine next week. Just wondering if you've had yours and could give any pointers?

Hey i didn't end up doing the Newman interview but i did do the same course at another uni.The online interview for that uni, basically included questions like why do you want to be a teacher etc. why i was interested in their uni, which other ones i applied for, i was also asked questions on what i wrote on my personal statement.Another thing was describe three quality about yourself that is related to teaching, i wasn't expecting this one at all but just gave three random qualities and just linked how they are useful when being a teacher. I also had to go over a Beginning Teachers Behaviour Toolkit sheet that they sent us as they asked some questions from there. Besides that it wasnt too bad, just dont overthink it and good luck!
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Alexiaogden

Hi, hope you are well. From experience the questions you may get might include: What made you chose teaching? What type of teacher do you want to be? What attracts you to teaching? In terms of making a difference to a child's academic life and seeing them succeed. You may also get questions around your personal strengths and how you might overcome areas of improvement.
Below I have attached a link to Newman's page in regards to the teaching interview to further give you some support. Good luck with the interview!!
https://www.newman.ac.uk/knowledge-base/pgce-primary-ite-interviews/

From Alinah :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending