Duke of Edinburgh

Watch
DC3566
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
i get a chance of doing the bronze duke of Edinburgh, I'm not sure whether to do it or not.
i need to pick a skill, physical and volunteering and i have until monday the 12th to decide. I'm not sure what to put for the skills, physical and volunteering ...
thrivingfrog
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by DC3566)
i get a chance of doing the bronze duke of Edinburgh, I'm not sure whether to do it or not.
i need to pick a skill, physical and volunteering and i have until monday the 12th to decide. I'm not sure what to put for the skills, physical and volunteering ...
Alright so I did the 2020 DofE certificate thing bc of covid so I guess I know the sorta things you can do for each section:

Skills: playing an instrument, dance, gymnastics etc, baking, cooking, art etc
Physical: you can literally do anything active, walking, running, football, rugby, dance etc
Volunteering: if you go to say dance lessons or a drama club you could ask to volunteer helping with younger children, or you could try Volunteering in a charity shop etc

The DofE website also has more ideas but hopefully some of the ones I gave help a lil? Good luck!
IbbyIbs
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey,
I've just done my Bronze Expedition. (It was so bad as I did it with a muslim scout group and they all are bad at teamwork.)

For Skills I did a beginner for British sign language
For Volunteer I just helped out at the local place of worship
For Physical I did martial arts I don't know why

You can do anything u want but just make sure ur leader approves it first.
Last edited by IbbyIbs; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (13)
14.29%
I need help researching courses (7)
7.69%
I need help with filling out the application form (6)
6.59%
I need help with my personal statement (36)
39.56%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (23)
25.27%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.2%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (4)
4.4%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed