resit in University of Leicester

Watch this thread
cloudyh
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
University of Leicester
hi , I failed on a subject my total is 37 and I have resit
1/if I pass on the resit do this will be mark on my transcript that I failed and take the resit and pass ?
2/ for the resit how many I should obtain to pass is it 3 mark only and they will add it to the previous mark? or what
thanks
martin7
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by cloudyh)
University of Leicester
1/if I pass on the resit do this will be mark on my transcript that I failed and take the resit and pass ?
2/ for the resit how many I should obtain to pass is it 3 mark only and they will add it to the previous mark? or what
thanks
(1) You'd need to check with the university, but I would expect it would just show the unit as a pass at 40%. The initial fail wouldn't show.

(2) Again, check with the university, but I'd expect that you'd need to get a pass (i.e. at least 40%) in the resit. The resit is a new assessment, independent of the initial attempt you made.
Last edited by martin7; 1 year ago
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by cloudyh)
University of Leicester
thanks
Generally for most universities:
1) on your transcript, you will have your mark (so 40 as it's capped), and possibly a number next to it saying which attempt you were on - so in your case, attempt 2.
2) You will need to get at least 40 in your resit to pass, as it is usually not added to your previous mark.

If you need answers specific to your university, ask the module leader.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
Hi,
I'm a first year student and am in a similar situation. I just got my results yesterday and I failed 2 modules but I managed to get 56.85 as the overall average. The instruction given is to resubmit the coursework for the 2 failed mods. The issue is, one is a programming exam from sem1 and the second is a group coursework which I wasn't able to participate at all in. I can't find any info on what happens for failing group coursework? Also, when is resits? I don't mind resitting the programming exam, but I don't know how I can do the coursework by myself? (I don't think mitigating circumstances will work as it's too late). I'm very worried if I can go through to 2nd year.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi,
I'm a first year student and am in a similar situation. I just got my results yesterday and I failed 2 modules but I managed to get 56.85 as the overall average. The instruction given is to resubmit the coursework for the 2 failed mods. The issue is, one is a programming exam from sem1 and the second is a group coursework which I wasn't able to participate at all in. I can't find any info on what happens for failing group coursework? Also, when is resits? I don't mind resitting the programming exam, but I don't know how I can do the coursework by myself? (I don't think mitigating circumstances will work as it's too late). I'm very worried if I can go through to 2nd year.
I have just got my results and failed three modules from Sem 2. I had passed the coursework element and everything in Sem 1 but did really badly in the three exams this term. I now have three resits to do!
u122
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have just got my results and failed three modules from Sem 2. I had passed the coursework element and everything in Sem 1 but did really badly in the three exams this term. I now have three resits to do!
are you the algorithm module?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (106)
40.61%
They're exactly what I expected (63)