The Student Room Group

Pain in left side of chest

So i just ate a takeout (cheeseburger meal) and like 5 minutes later i got these pains just below the left side of my chest every time i breathe. It’s worse when i breathe in fast/deep so i have to breathe in slowly. I’m scared bc i’m 10kg overweight and ik that makes me more likely to have high bp and other conditions. Plus i can kind of feel the pain in my neck as well when i inhale is that weird? I guess i just want to be reassured that i’m not having a heart attack or dying because i have anxiety so i’m a little scared.
I really would suggest you call 999???
Idk wait for someone else to respond just in case, but it's better to be safe than sorry.
Well no one else is responding and I feel bad so I'll bump this for you
Go to an NHS GP walk-in centre.
Reply 4
Original post by Qxi.xli
Well no one else is responding and I feel bad so I'll bump this for you

I don’t feel like it’s that bad to cal 999? Like i thought it might be standard chest pains but im not sure. I’m inhaling and it’s not too bad unless i inhale deep but when i lay down i felt it.
Original post by Anonymous
I don’t feel like it’s that bad to cal 999? Like i thought it might be standard chest pains but im not sure. I’m inhaling and it’s not too bad unless i inhale deep but when i lay down i felt it.

I don't know, but I've heard many stories where people don't call for help because they don't think it's too bad..and that didn't end well for them.
It's your call tbh.
Reply 6
Call 111. It's the NHS medical advice number for non-emergency cases
Reply 7
Original post by Qxi.xli
I don't know, but I've heard many stories where people don't call for help because they don't think it's too bad..and that didn't end well for them.
It's your call tbh.

That’s true i think i’ll call 111 just in case

Good idea

Have you heard anything? Are you ok?
Have you heard anything? Are you ok?

It went away after i drank some water so i decided not to call them. I think it was probably because i ate food without drinking much. Thank you for asking though i’m fine thank god.

Quick Reply

Latest