zarahh09
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Can someone who has done approaches in the 2nd year help me with the attached file, please. I am currently in year 1 and approaches is 2nd year stuff and all the stuff on approaches is very new to me and Idk what to do, its a bit confusing.

I want to have a head start in y2 because I am a bit behind, especially after receiving my end of year assessment back today
Attached files
Last edited by zarahh09; 4 months ago
Clueless,student
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
Do you know what each of the needs mean?
Think about how someone would feel if they didn’t meet that need. For example, how would someone feel if they weren’t loved?
zarahh09
Rep:
(Original post by Clueless,student)
Do you know what each of the needs mean?
Think about how someone would feel if they didn’t meet that need. For example, how would someone feel if they weren’t loved?
Yeh I've made notes on each stage of the hierarchy. I dont understand how to do the table
Clueless,student
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by zarahh09)
Yeh I've made notes on each stage of the hierarchy. I dont understand how to do the table
All you need to do is put how the person would feel/what would happen if the need isn’t met. So, physiological needs refers to things like food, water, all the basic things needed for survival. Therefore, if that need isn’t met the individual could die (or would if they have no food/water). That’s the sort of thing you need to put in the last column.
5hyl33n
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Hi

Did you manage to figure out the table or do you still need help?
zarahh09
Rep:
(Original post by 5hyl33n)
Hi

Did you manage to figure out the table or do you still need help?
i still don't understand it if I am being honest
5hyl33n
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
i still don't understand it if I am being honest
Sorry, for the late reply. Give me 20 minutes and I will type up a response
zarahh09
Rep:
Sorry, for the late reply. Give me 20 minutes and I will type up a response
tysm
5hyl33n
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
zarahh09

Humanistic Psychology
Humanistic psychology can be defined as an approach that focuses on conscious experience. It emphasises the importance of an individual striving towards personal growth and fulfilment. It is developed by Abraham Maslow and Carl Rogers.

Basic assumptions of humanistic psychology
- Free will
Humanistic theories emphasise that people have full conscious control over their destiny. In other words, we have free will.
- Maslow's theory
Maslow's hierarchy of needs emphasised the importance of personal growth and fulfilment. Although, he did not outline it in the form of a pyramid, it is usually outlined in this way. The most basic needs are at the bottom and the most advanced are at the top. Each level must be fulfilled before a person can move up.

Order of the needs from the top to the bottom:
Self-actualisation (creativity, problem solving, lack of prejudice, morality etc)
Esteem (confidence, achievement, respect of others, respect by others)
Love/belonging (friendship, family, romantic relationships)
Safety (security of employment, resources, family, property etc)
Physiological (breathing, food, water, sleep etc)

Dissatisfaction of needs
Self-actualisation
Not many people reach self-actualisation so it will not affect a person as greatly but it means there is a large gap between the self and ideal self.

Esteem
Individuals who do not feel esteem may experience depression or anxiety.

Love/belonging
Individuals who do not feel love or belonging may experience depression or anxiety.

Safety
Individuals who do not feel safety may experience depression or anxiety.

Physiological
Quite simply, if these basic needs are not met, a person will die.

You will not be questioned on dissatisfaction of needs in your A-Levels so just know the above.
Last edited by 5hyl33n; 4 months ago
zarahh09
Rep:
zarahh09

Humanistic Psychology
Humanistic psychology can be defined as an approach that focuses on conscious experience. It emphasises the importance of an individual striving towards personal growth and fulfilment. It is developed by Abraham Maslow and Carl Rogers.

Basic assumptions of humanistic psychology
- Free will
Humanistic theories emphasise that people have full conscious control over their destiny. In other words, we have free will.
- Maslow's theory
Maslow's hierarchy of needs emphasised the importance of personal growth and fulfilment. Although, he did not outline it in the form of a pyramid, it is usually outlined in this way. The most basic needs are at the bottom and the most advanced are at the top. Each level must be fulfilled before a person can move up.

Order of the needs from the top to the bottom:
Self-actualisation (creativity, problem solving, lack of prejudice, morality etc)
Esteem (confidence, achievement, respect of others, respect by others)
Love/belonging (friendship, family, romantic relationships)
Safety (security of employment, resources, family, property etc)
Physiological (breathing, food, water, sleep etc)

Dissatisfaction of needs
Self-actualisation
Not many people reach self-actualisation so it will not affect a person as greatly but it means there is a large gap between the self and ideal self.

Esteem
Individuals who do not feel esteem may experience depression or anxiety.

Love/belonging
Individuals who do not feel love or belonging may experience depression or anxiety.

Safety
Individuals who do not feel safety may experience depression or anxiety.

Physiological
Quite simply, if these basic needs are not met, a person will die.

You will not be questioned on dissatisfaction of needs in your A-Levels so just know the above.
thank you so so so much
5hyl33n
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
thank you so so so much
No problem. However, I don't think pre-learning year 13 content is going to help you. You need to make sure you are confident in Year 1 content first. What did your end of year assessment include? I think you need to start working on your weaknesses from that first.
zarahh09
Rep:
No problem. However, I don't think pre-learning year 13 content is going to help you. You need to make sure you are confident in Year 1 content first. What did your end of year assessment include? I think you need to start working on your weaknesses from that first.
Yeah I probably should do that first, but still tysm
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.92%
Okay (109)
29.22%
A bit lacking (138)
37%
Not good at all (89)
23.86%

Watched Threads