The Student Room Group

is this haram

my friends are going to see the euros final at the pub

I really wanna see it with them but dk if its haram to go to pub. I obviously won't drink any alcohol or anything I just wanna watch the game with them
Reply 1
bump
im pretty sure it's haram even if you don't drink cuz the whole point of a pub is to drink which basically makes the establishment haram
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
im pretty sure it's haram even if you don't drink cuz the whole point of a pub is to drink which basically makes the establishment haram

what if we use the outdoor area
Reply 4
Personally I think God might overlook it in the scheme of things. Mind you, I am deeply skeptical of repressive religion
Original post by Anonymous
my friends are going to see the euros final at the pub

I really wanna see it with them but dk if its haram to go to pub. I obviously won't drink any alcohol or anything I just wanna watch the game with them

I suggest you ask this on islam stack exchange, you might get a better answer there.
If you want to take the normative legal position accepted by every school of law, it is forbidden for Muslims to enter places where the only purpose is something haram. The reason for this are verses in the Quran about not approaching the haram, and there is a clear hadith in which the Prophet cursed various categories of engagement with alcohol (preparing, transporting, receiving, buying, selling, witnessing its sale, drinking, serving, and profiting from it). There is also a legal principle that anything anything leading to haram is also haram. So, the simple answer is no.

Having said that, I know lots of Muslims who go the pub with work colleagues because it's a standard part of professional life and networking (going to the pub with work colleagues is one of the best ways to progress in your job) and they just don't drink or approach the bar.

But there might also be a loophole for you. If the pub has a garden where they don't sell alcohol, you could be ok.

(NB: Just to clarify, it is fine to enter supermarkets where there's alcohol because it's not the only purpose of the place and most of the stock is halal anyway.)
I mean I wouldn't think it would be haram if you didn't consume the alcohol –– and if you stayed in a area where there isn't any being sold. Technically the pubs usually sell food so you should be good on that front
Reply 8
It’s not like you’re going to drink is it. It’s okay to be in the environment, just remember your religion and morals and enjoy the football match.
It’s a football match for goodness sake. You really think God would punish you for that? Forget all this haram nonsense and just go out and have an enjoyable time with your friends!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending