Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
religion makes life miserable
Anonymous #1
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Hankmoody20)
im really sorry you feel that way. I am also a muslim girl who was bought up with the religion and its really hard living in a western culture because you feel like you are missing out on having fun. but everything that is haram is because it can become harmful for you.

I would suggest you try to discover the religion on your own.... thats what helped me fall in love with the religion. try not to mix culture with religion as thats what I did and I hated being muslim as a girl because I felt like we had no rights and that it was all very sexist which I hated but in reality its not like that, thats just the traditional culture I was bought up in.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
why do you feel like that?
lcvedingdong
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
im really sorry you feel that way. I am also a muslim girl who was bought up with the religion and its really hard living in a western culture because you feel like you are missing out on having fun. but everything that is haram is because it can become harmful for you.

I would suggest you try to discover the religion on your own.... thats what helped me fall in love with the religion. try not to mix culture with religion as thats what I did and I hated being muslim as a girl because I felt like we had no rights and that it was all very sexist which I hated but in reality its not like that, thats just the traditional culture I was bought up in.
Absolutely correct.
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Every religion has been forced on somebody at some point in time, that's how they got as big as they are today, good news is if you don't like it, you don't have to abide it, you can just leave a religion, leaving cults is harder obviously, but still doable.
Djtoodles
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by ROTL94)
Every religion has been forced on somebody at some point in time, that's how they got as big as they are today, good news is if you don't like it, you don't have to abide it, you can just leave a religion, leaving cults is harder obviously, but still doable.
Religion & Cult, pretty blurry line tbh lol.
wingedangel
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago

Agreed, really you have to discover the religion for yourself otherwise it'll feel like a prison.
Last edited by wingedangel; 2 months ago
WazzWazz98
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Hankmoody20)
anyone who is forcing religion upon anyone else obviously doesnt understand the way islam works and how our beloved Prophet treated members of his household
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
true religion is liberating and joyful.
nightingalegend
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago

precisely! you need to find the religion on your own. the Prophet PBUH never forced religion on anyone — he would pray that Allah would guide the disbelievers to islam and would coexist with them peacefully (unless the disbelievers attacked the poorer / vulnerable muslims). he spread the religion of islam through his good actions, drawing others to the faith; there are so many stories of this! forcing religion upon anyone (especially through violence!) is haram. i wish the elders in our conservative cultures knew this.

OP, watching mufti menk on youtube, delving into explanations of the Qur’an and learning about the lives of each prophet might help you love islam more. take it at your own pace and ask God to guide you to whichever path is right.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.38%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
15.16%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (44)
18.03%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (35)
14.34%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (63)
25.82%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.26%

Watched Threads