The Student Room Group

Royal mail

I placed an order and I have the tracking number it’s almost been two weeks and the tracking hasn’t updated like it’s literally been at the same place since ‘item dispatched to royal mail’ is what it’s been saying and it’s almost two weeks. Is there anything I can do?
Ring them. They should be able to tell what has happened. It is unlikely to take this long.
Reply 2
Original post by Sinon03
I placed an order and I have the tracking number it’s almost been two weeks and the tracking hasn’t updated like it’s literally been at the same place since ‘item dispatched to royal mail’ is what it’s been saying and it’s almost two weeks. Is there anything I can do?

You need to contact the person/business with whom you placed the order. It's the sender that has the relationship with Royal Mail, not the recipient.

The same is true for any order you place -- your contract is with the sender to supply the goods. If their delivery service (be that Royal Mail, Yodel, DPD, etc) lets them down, then it's their problem not yours to sort it out. (It's possible that there might be an exception if you insisted on them using a courier they wouldn't normally use.)
Reply 3
Original post by Sinon03

Where did you purchase from? Is it abroad?
Reply 4
Original post by IWMTom
Where did you purchase from? Is it abroad?

Nope from the same country
Reply 5
Original post by martin7
You need to contact the person/business with whom you placed the order. It's the sender that has the relationship with Royal Mail, not the recipient.

The same is true for any order you place -- your contract is with the sender to supply the goods. If their delivery service (be that Royal Mail, Yodel, DPD, etc) lets them down, then it's their problem not yours to sort it out. (It's possible that there might be an exception if you insisted on them using a courier they wouldn't normally use.)

Ahh okay I’ll let them know, thank you
Reply 6
Original post by Sinon03
Nope from the same country

How sure are you of that? A lot of sellers pretend to be UK based when in reality they just drop ship from China.
Original post by Sinon03

Did you get an ETA when you ordered.
Reply 8
Original post by mnot
Did you get an ETA when you ordered.

sorry I’m not sure what that is
Reply 9
Original post by Sinon03
sorry I’m not sure what that is

Estimated Time to Arrival.
Reply 10
Original post by IWMTom
Estimated Time to Arrival.

Not really because I bought from a reseller and their account said shipping is next day delivery but obviously that isn’t the case. I think I’ve been scammed LOL bc I’m just reading their FAQ and it says delivery should not take more than 2 days so. Their account seems extremely legit tho but idk guessed I messed up
Original post by Sinon03
Not really because I bought from a reseller and their account said shipping is next day delivery but obviously that isn’t the case. I think I’ve been scammed LOL bc I’m just reading their FAQ and it says delivery should not take more than 2 days so. Their account seems extremely legit tho but idk guessed I messed up

Contact the seller, ask where it is.
Reply 12
Original post by mnot
Contact the seller, ask where it is.

Yeah I did that yesterday, just waiting for them to reply now

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending