stud£nt
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Any tips on learning Bulgarian ? Any resources especially please?
sashamashapotata
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by stud£nt)
Any tips on learning Bulgarian ? Any resources especially please?
bulgarian is a hard language to learn but out of the slavic languages its one of the easier ones
i would mainly recomend to start watching bulgarian tv shows annd listen to music in bulgarian
then learn it phoneticaly to start with
if you learn key verbs and how to conjugate them it will be very useful

There are 3 ways in which you can conjugate Bulgarian verbs, depending on the vowel used in present tense. Here are some rules by which you can recognize what type each verb is:

First Conjugation – Usually verbs which end in [vowel] + я, for example: живея (live). It might also contain verbs ending with -a, for example: мога (can). Those verbs use the vowel e to conjugate.
Second Conjugation – Usually verbs which end in [consonant] + я, -жа, -ча, -ша, for example: говоря (speak). Those verbs use the vowel и to conjugate.
Third Conjugation – Usually verbs which end in -м, for example: искам (want). Those verbs use the vowels а or я to conjugate.

this site helped me https://www.learn-bulgarian.net/
stud£nt
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by sashamashapotata)
bulgarian is a hard language to learn but out of the slavic languages its one of the easier ones
i would mainly recomend to start watching bulgarian tv shows annd listen to music in bulgarian
then learn it phoneticaly to start with
if you learn key verbs and how to conjugate them it will be very useful

There are 3 ways in which you can conjugate Bulgarian verbs, depending on the vowel used in present tense. Here are some rules by which you can recognize what type each verb is:

First Conjugation – Usually verbs which end in [vowel] + я, for example: живея (live). It might also contain verbs ending with -a, for example: мога (can). Those verbs use the vowel e to conjugate.
Second Conjugation – Usually verbs which end in [consonant] + я, -жа, -ча, -ша, for example: говоря (speak). Those verbs use the vowel и to conjugate.
Third Conjugation – Usually verbs which end in -м, for example: искам (want). Those verbs use the vowels а or я to conjugate.

this site helped me https://www.learn-bulgarian.net/
Thank you so much
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (118)
33.91%
Yes - a trusted person (94)
27.01%
No (92)
26.44%
I'm not sure (44)
12.64%

Watched Threads