The Student Room Group

anyway to grow taller?

anyway to grow taller? 19 and 4'11
No way to grow taller, After 16, your bones are pretty much fused so any growth hormone shots wouldn’t work after that to make you grow taller. 4’11 is not a bad height, slightly above the height that you would consider to be classed as a dwarf (dwarfism) as the height would be anything below 4’10.

Are you male or female?
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
No way to grow taller, After 16, your bones are pretty much fused so any growth hormone shots wouldn’t work after that to make you grow taller. 4’11 is not a bad height, slightly above the height that you would consider to be classed as a dwarf (dwarfism) as the height would be anything below 4’10.

Are you male or female?

female. the thing is im 151cm some places say 4'9 and some places say 4'11

thats not bad, I am 20 and 4’8 (thats 142.5cm) if that helps you calculate your height. If you’re 4’9 it would be a height that would be linked to dwarfism. How tall are your parents?
Reply 4

That is close to the average height for women in some countries.
Reply 5
thats not bad, I am 20 and 4’8 (thats 142.5cm) if that helps you calculate your height. If you’re 4’9 it would be a height that would be linked to dwarfism. How tall are your parents?

my mums like 5'4 and dad is like 5'10/5'11. wb yours?

my mum is 4’11 and dad is 5’4.
Reply 7
Original post by volka
That is close to the average height for women in some countries.

yeah ive heard. ik this may seem a bit pathetic but my biggest worry is like wearing a wedding dress or any of the cultural wedding clothes I have to wear, it makes me want to cry

I think by looking at your height and my height difference you would be 4’11, just because 142.5cm and 151cm are so far apart.
Reply 9
my mum is 4’11 and dad is 5’4.

ohh, genetically youre not too far off. are you happy with your height?
ohh, genetically youre not too far off. are you happy with your height?

Ideally I would want to be a bit taller because whenever I go places people would ask me how old am I and its quite annoying now, that I look 12 when I am 20. What about you, do people think you’re younger than you are?
Reply 11
yeah ive heard. ik this may seem a bit pathetic but my biggest worry is like wearing a wedding dress or any of the cultural wedding clothes I have to wear, it makes me want to cry

Wedding dresses usually need to be altered anyway so I'm sure it won't be a problem.
Original post by volka
Wedding dresses usually need to be altered anyway so I'm sure it won't be a problem.

true and theres nothign i can do tbh
Ideally I would want to be a bit taller because whenever I go places people would ask me how old am I and its quite annoying now, that I look 12 when I am 20. What about you, do people think you’re younger than you are?

same. 5'1 would literally be a dream come true. everyone's so surprised that I'm 19 people usually think I'm like 13
same. 5'1 would literally be a dream come true. everyone's so surprised that I'm 19 people usually think I'm like 13

I’m so glad I can relate to someone. My sisters are 5’1 and 5’1.5. People in my year group in my school are just slightly taller than me and my height has caught up to my peers, what about yours? I feel like as time goes on the year 7s are getting shorter and shorter 😂
I’m so glad I can relate to someone. My sisters are 5’1 and 5’1.5. People in my year group in my school are just slightly taller than me and my height has caught up to my peers, what about yours? I feel like as time goes on the year 7s are getting shorter and shorter 😂

fr year 7s get smaller yearly and the size of their bags get bigger too lol. my sister who's 7 years younger is my height right now. when I was still at school everyone was always so much taller than me. i was the smallest everywhere lol

Your 4'11 and a half
anyway to grow taller? 19 and 4'11

u wont be able to grow taller after this age unfortunately :frown: but be proud of ur height ! If people are going to judge u based on ur eigh then stand up for urself . Btw im 5''6 and im like 14 years old i seriously regret being 4''11 and i became taller cause i go karate and i do exercise .

Hi
Bit late here, I’m 4”6’ and 18
Not linked to dwarfism and as far as I’m aware, I don’t have any sort of physical impairments . I’ve been assessed by quite a few doctors, blood tests, stool test, endoscopy, the lot. Appears to be genetic

Anyways, dad 5”6’, mum 5”0’

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending