The Student Room Group

Accommodation for dentistry at Uni of Manchester

Hi guys
I was wondering what accommodation would be best to stay in when studying dentistry at the university of Manchester.
I am not too sure what campus most of the learning takes place in or if we will be spending most of our time in the dental hospital.
If anyone can let me know what accommodations are best that would be appreciated:smile:
Thanksss
Reply 2
Original post by 123455jdjdie
Hi guys
I was wondering what accommodation would be best to stay in when studying dentistry at the university of Manchester.
I am not too sure what campus most of the learning takes place in or if we will be spending most of our time in the dental hospital.
If anyone can let me know what accommodations are best that would be appreciated:smile:
Thanksss

Honestly, no clue. I don't live out, I commute every day.

People live in ropemaker, fallowfield area etc. For the first 2 years you're not in the hospital much, by the third year, you'll know enough about Manchester to make your own decision. All of the learning takes place on the main campus at Oxford Road so live near there.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Nuttyy
Honestly, no clue. I don't live out, I commute every day.

People live in ropemaker, fallowfield area etc. For the first 2 years you're not in the hospital much, by the third year, you'll know enough about Manchester to make your own decision. All of the learning takes place on the main campus at Oxford Road so live near there.

Ahh I see, will defo look near Oxford road
Was also wondering if the main campus is close to the dental hospital? I’m from London so have no idea how the uni is laid out
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 4
Was also wondering if the main campus is close to the dental hospital? I’m from London so have no idea how the uni is laid out

Yh it is, all walking distance from where you'll spend a lot of your first/second year (Stopford building) learning, and the dental hospital. The library is literally a 2 min walk from the hospital.
(edited 2 years ago)

It is
Denmark road halls will be your best bet location wise
I’m having this same issue at the minute. I can’t decide which accommodation would be best for dentistry. Was thinking fallowfield because I want to have fun but am worried I won’t be able to study well there.
Reply 7
Original post by Elise.Mcc
I’m having this same issue at the minute. I can’t decide which accommodation would be best for dentistry. Was thinking fallowfield because I want to have fun but am worried I won’t be able to study well there.

If you need to study, the uni campus has enough space tbh, the main library, stopford library, dental hospital student computer cluster, Alan Gilbert's learning commons, the SU, any random room which is free inside any of the buildings etc

Quick Reply

Latest