SaveMyExams

Watch this thread
RedVelvet16
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
If I learn off the SaveMyExams website for science, would I be able to achieve an 8/9 at GCSE (Edexcel iGCSE)?
Vboulton
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 9 months ago
A website alone is never going to help you. You need to expand your methods as overcrowding one area in your short term memory or giving it too much information to process is like putting info in one ear and it coming out of the other. I find that taking notes from youtube videos (not just watching them, interact!!) , practising past paper questions (they sometimes reuse questions from old papers) and active recall by teaching someone or something. I like to make my dog listen to me teaching him the content because it acts as a cue for more information. And definitely look at reviews of the website you’re using because content varies on different sites. Also the youtube videos i use at Alevel are “snap revise” “primrose kitten”, they have all of their content organised into subject and subtopics.
SuttonOG
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
FreeScienceLessons on YouTube, and past papers = 9 in all of your sciences. The more you watch and past papers you do the better grade. His videos are perfect for GCSE, he only covers what you need to know and what appears in exams. I spent the most time on biology = achieved grade 9, I spent the day before my gcse on his physics videos and got an 8, and spent a couple days on chemistry and got a 7. Start from the start of the year and go through papers after his videos with mark schemes, and I guarantee you get and 8 or 9 in each.
Last edited by SuttonOG; 9 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (121)
41.58%
Not yet, but I will soon (54)
18.56%
No (116)
39.86%

Watched Threads