I no longer want to go to my firm or insurance choice uni

Watch this thread
LS003
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I no longer want to go to my firm or insurance choice uni how do I go about entering clearing? How does this work
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
If you are *certain* that you don't want to go to your Firm or Insurance then you withdraw from each individual choice on Track. Do not 'cancel' your application. This means that you will automatically be entered into Clearing on Results Day morning - you can contact Unis about the possibility of a Clearing place in advance - but they cannot accept you until you are literally 'in Clearing'.
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by LS003)
I no longer want to go to my firm or insurance choice uni how do I go about entering clearing? How does this work
I would wait until just before results day in case you change your mind. See above post for how to enter clearing.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by LS003)
Ring up ucas on Monday morning. Explain that you want to “swap my replies” and that you want to change all your replies to declines so that you can enter clearing.

They’ll explain if they can do it for you or if you need to ring your firm/insurance university to get their agreement.
LS003
Rep:
Thanks for the advice guys
LS003
Rep:
(Original post by McGinger)
If you are *certain* that you don't want to go to your Firm or Insurance then you withdraw from each individual choice on Track. Do not 'cancel' your application. This means that you will automatically be entered into Clearing on Results Day morning - you can contact Unis about the possibility of a Clearing place in advance - but they cannot accept you until you are literally 'in Clearing'.
where would this decline button be I’m not going to do it yet but just so I know
PQ
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by LS003)
where would this decline button be I’m not going to do it yet but just so I know
The “decline my place” button only appears once you have an unconditional firm choice on track.

If you go into a choice then you might have the option to “withdraw this choice” but iirr that option is taken away once you pick a firm and insurance.
Admit-One
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by LS003)
It’ll appear on Track in and around results day.

If you want to decline your offers before then, (only up until the 23rd of July), you will need to call UCAS as above.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your SQA results?

They're better than I expected (16)
34.78%
They're what I expected (14)
30.43%
They're worse than what I expected (16)
34.78%

Watched Threads