The Student Room Group

Worst Birthday ever...........

So it's my Birthday today and I was due to go round to my parents house and spend it with the rest of the family and have a slap up meal and watch the euro's.

but 2 days ago I started to get a bit of a cold....., i didn't think much of it as these things happen right? ....then yesterday I started to get these pains coming and going in my nose? ....It felt strange and i've never had it before ....but again I didn't think anything of it, but later in the evening i realised my sense of smell had completely VANISHED!
.... Like stuff which is supposed to have a really potent smell I could not smell at ALL

I then tried cooking one of my favourite meals and could not smell anything and it tasted completely tasteless!

I tried other things and concluded my sense of taste and smell was 95% gone!
Most things I cannot smell at all even if I bring it right up to my nose. A small amount of things I can smell a tiny bit if I bring it to my nose.

I am quite worried, i've never experienced anything like this before. It must be Covid..... it's too much of a coincidence.

Now i've had to go cancel my birthday as it would be irresponsible to go and visit my parents at their age if I have covid.

I'm soo annoyed. I worried I won't get my sense of taste or smell back either... as that does happen to some people......

I'm also worried i'm going to be one of the unlucky ones who covid kills. I mean hopefully not.........., but it's clear i'm not invincible as i literally can't smell anything.

Oh, well If I suddenly stop posting over the next few days/weeks.... you know what's happened to me.

What a **** Birthday.......... 🙁
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Can’t relate :biggrin:
tape the eruos and do your birthday a month from today, sucks that you have covid and had to cancel plans tho
(edited 2 years ago)
Get well soon!!
Reply 4
Original post by 64Lightbulbs
tape the eruos and do your birthday a month from today, sucks that you have covid and had to cancel plans tho

Original post by sunshine774
Get well soon!!

thanks.

I've been for a covid test this morning, got to wait 1 to 3 days for the results.

regarding the euro's, it's such a big thing ...that realistically speaking it's going to be impossible not to hear who's won it if I try watch in a month. I guess I will just watch it alone........and perhaps come over for my birthday another time. All that food is gonna be wasted though that my parents have bought as a lot of it probably won't keep.

there's no point them bringing it to me and leaving it at more door either as i can't taste nothing :/
You'll remember where you were...

But sad news, get well soon :frown:

Look after TSR for me :yy:
Reply 6
Oh no! Happy birthday
Original post by ANM775
So it's my Birthday today and I was due to go round to my parents house and spend it with the rest of the family and have a slap up meal and watch the euro's.

but 2 days ago I started to get a bit of a cold....., i didn't think much of it as these things happen right? ....then yesterday I started to get these pains coming and going in my nose? ....It felt strange and i've never had it before ....but again I didn't think anything of it, but later in the evening i realised my sense of smell had completely VANISHED!
.... Like stuff which is supposed to have a really potent smell I could not smell at ALL

I then tried cooking one of my favourite meals and could not smell anything and it tasted completely tasteless!

I tried other things and concluded my sense of taste and smell was 95% gone!
Most things I cannot smell at all even if I bring it right up to my nose. A small amount of things I can smell a tiny bit if I bring it to my nose.

I am quite worried, i've never experienced anything like this before. It must be Covid..... it's too much of a coincidence.

Now i've had to go cancel my birthday as it would be irresponsible to go and visit my parents at their age if I have covid.

I'm soo annoyed. I worried I won't get my sense of taste or smell back either... as that does happen to some people......

I'm also worried i'm going to be one of the unlucky ones who covid kills. I mean hopefully not.........., but it's clear i'm not invincible as i literally can't smell anything.

Oh, well If I suddenly stop posting over the next few days/weeks.... you know what's happened to me.

What a **** Birthday.......... 🙁

I’m sorry @ANM775. Hope you feel better soon. Happy Birthday. 🥳
Happy Birthday.

Also good luck. You're still young so you should recover. Think positive, positivity has healing effects on the body.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 9
thanks guys,

update: I've just had my test results

So it looks like now i'm officially legally a prisoner in my own home. :frown:

I wonder where I got infected??!
I bet it was the flippin gym

now i've got further emails and texts asking from NHS asking me to download some app and enter my details into it 😐
Test and Trace have started sending me texts too now :/

My sense of Smell has 100% gone now, it's completely non existant.
and sense of taste is 99% gone..

if there was a fire in the next room I wouldn't know
If I had really bad BO I wouldn't know
If there was a gas leak somewhere .. I wouldn't know

depressing......

the only bright side is that i'm not coughing (well not yet anyway..)
Get well soon :hugs:
Do not advise people with COVID to go to the doctors, this is like the number 1 thing that every GP in the country says when you call them.
Hope you get well soon.

If you are eligible to claim statutory sick pay and can't work from home, you can get an isolation note for your employer online here- https://111.nhs.uk/isolation-note/
Reply 13
Original post by DiddyDec
Get well soon :hugs:

Original post by londonmyst
Hope you get well soon.

If you are eligible to claim statutory sick pay and can't work from home, you can get an isolation note for your employer online here- https://111.nhs.uk/isolation-note/

Thanks,

I am with two agencies right now, but haven't worked in 2 weeks, and had an open day for a temp job with one of them fall through a week ago so I do not think I'd be eligible for any bonus payments sadly :/
you are healthy, you will be ok soon I'm sure. I know it must feel scary, but most people completely recover.
get well soon! happy belated birthday too. hopefully next year will be better :smile:
Reply 16
Well I hope your smell comes back but I have never been able to smell so it's not so bad.
lol poor guy, 19 posts but only three birthdays wishes
Happy belated bday and gws!

Quick Reply

Latest