softpao
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I'm applying for Politics & IR / IR (international relations) for Sept 2022 and I was looking for books I could read this summer to include in my PS. I'm more interested in international relations and foreign affairs/conflicts but I am aware that if I apply to a Politics & IR course in the UK, I'll have to be familiar with their government system. Any reccs?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Instead of reading random books take some moocs with futurelearn/edx/coursera most courses will have recommended reading but it will be more focused and structured
softpao
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by PQ)
Instead of reading random books take some moocs with futurelearn/edx/coursera most courses will have recommended reading but it will be more focused and structured
I see, thanks for the advice!
UniofReading
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by softpao)
I'm applying for Politics & IR / IR (international relations) for Sept 2022 and I was looking for books I could read this summer to include in my PS. I'm more interested in international relations and foreign affairs/conflicts but I am aware that if I apply to a Politics & IR course in the UK, I'll have to be familiar with their government system. Any reccs?
Hey,

Check out the book 'Prisoners of Geography'. It gives a fantastic overall understanding about IR and the relationships between countries, which will give you a good foundation to your knowledge for the start of your degree.

Any other book by the same author is also worth a read.

Hope this helps - good luck!

Daisy
2nd year politics and international relations student
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (21)
12.8%
I need help researching courses (9)
5.49%
I need help with filling out the application form (8)
4.88%
I need help with my personal statement (71)
43.29%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (39)
23.78%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.83%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (13)
7.93%

Watched Threads