James Glover
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Shrubby:))
Here goes,

Mathematics - 7
English language - 7
English Literature - 7
Science (Combined) - 77
French - 5
History - 7
Computer Science - 8
Health and Social Care - M2
Arabic - 8
Religious Education - 8

To be honest I am not completely mad about them considering I came to the UK (from Saudi Arabia) 4 months before the pandemic/lockdown so I was pretty much clueless and still trying to navigate my surroundings and their system. However there is still the slight disappointment that comes and goes, but at the end of the day here's what I got and it can't be changed.
You did really well. Better than at least 90% of students.
usamaro
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Shrubby:))
Here goes,

Mathematics - 7
English language - 7
English Literature - 7
Science (Combined) - 77
French - 5
History - 7
Computer Science - 8
Health and Social Care - M2
Arabic - 8
Religious Education - 8

To be honest I am not completely mad about them considering I came to the UK (from Saudi Arabia) 4 months before the pandemic/lockdown so I was pretty much clueless and still trying to navigate my surroundings and their system. However there is still the slight disappointment that comes and goes, but at the end of the day here's what I got and it can't be changed.
I mean for coming to a new system and especially during covid, those ares till v impressive scores. In the old scorings those would almost be straight As which is great. If you’re still disappointed at all, just remember that these are v unimportant compared to your A levels
Shrubby:)
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by James Glover)
You did really well. Better than at least 90% of students.
90% !!! I had no idea, in that case, I better hold my head high then and thank you for the massive ego boost😂❤️
Shrubby:)
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by usamaro)
I mean for coming to a new system and especially during covid, those ares till v impressive scores. In the old scorings those would almost be straight As which is great. If you’re still disappointed at all, just remember that these are v unimportant compared to your A levels
Thanks, My teachers said that a 7 is a Grade 'B' in the old spec and 8 is considered an 'A' which now that you've said that and after a bit of research I don't understand why they would say such a thing.
LLT05
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
English Literature [WJEC]: Predicted: A / Personal Target: A* / Achieved: A*
English Language [WJEC]: Predicted: B / Personal Target: A* / Achieved: B
Mathematics [WJEC]: Predicted: C / Personal Target: B / Achieved: B
Numeracy [WJEC]: Predicted: C / Personal Target: B / Achieved: B
Chemistry [WJEC]: Predicted: B / Personal Target: A / Achieved: B
Biology [WJEC]: Predicted: C / Personal Target: B / Achieved: B
Physics [WJEC]: Predicted: C / Personal Target: B / Achieved: B
Spanish [WJEC]: Predicted: D / Personal Target: C / Achieved: B
DT Product Design [WJEC]: Predicted: U / Personal Target: C / Achieved: B
Art [WJEC]: Predicted: B / Personal Target: A / Achieved: B
Welsh Second Language [WJEC]: Predicted: C / Personal Target: B / Achieved: C
Religious Education [WJEC]: Predicted: D / Personal Target: B / Achieved: C

A bit disappointed in my grades to me honest, but I'm definitely happy with most of them.
Drociax
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
English Literature [AQA]: Predicted 7 / Personal Target 5 / Achieved 8

English Language [AQA]: Predicted 7 / Personal Target 6 / Achieved 9

Combined Science [Edexcel]: Predicted 66 / Personal Target 77 / Achieved 88

Mathematics [Edexcel]: Predicted 7 / Personal Target 7 / Achieved 8

Computer Science [OCR]: Predicted 7 / Personal Target 9 / Achieved 9

Retail Business [WJEC]: Predicted D2* / Personal Target D2* / Achieved M2

Certificate of Personal Effectiveness (CoPE) [ASDAN]: Predicted Pass / Personal Target Pass / Achieved Pass

Performing Arts [Pearson BTEC]: Predicted L2D / Personal Target L2D / Achieved L2D

Did better than I thought I would in some, worse than I thought I would in others, but overall came out of the harrowing experience that was the last two years with 9 GCSEs, enough to get me into my college placement without any resits.
Ham3a_
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by WhoIsIqra)
Maths 9
Geography 9
Sociology 9
RS Full 8
Spanish 8/Distinction
English Lit 8
English Lang 8/Distinction
Biology 8
Chemistry 8
Physics 8

I'm so happy over these results couldn't have asked for better, I plan on doing 4 a level's next year: Bio, Chem, Psychology and Medical Science and hopefully get into Oxford or Cambridge for Uni.

For advice, id say always look at the online marking schemes and see what the standard is!
Bit late but those are great grades, just want to ask how you revised for english literature and english language
millie742
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by AK_017157)
I unfortunately got a 5 in GCSE English Lit do you think I should go ahead for a remark or keep it as 5. I'm scared my oppurtunites will be narrowed later... I'm still in year 10 btw: we do english lit gcse in year 10.
i mean a 5 is solid pass so it should be okay but english lang is more important anyway
Jonathanツ
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Seeing all these super high grades gives me depression. Congratz on them though.
GreenStar7
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Maths 9
Further Maths 9
Physics 9
Chemistry 9
Biology 9
Geography 9
English Literature 9
Spanish 9
English Language 8
Computer Science 8
HPQ A*
rw_2004
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Computer Science: Predicted 5 / Personal Target 6 / Achieved 7
Design and Technology: Predicted 3 / Personal Target 5 / Achieved 8
English Language: Predicted 5 / Personal Target 6 / Achieved 8
English Literature: Predicted 6 / Personal Target 8 / Achieved 7
Maths: Predicted 8 / Personal Target 8 / Achieved 9
Biology: Predicted 6 / Personal Target 9 / Achieved 9
Chemistry: Predicted 6 / Personal Target 9 / Achieved 9
Physics: Predicted: 6 / Personal Target 8 / Achieved 8
AK_017157
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by millie742)
i mean a 5 is solid pass so it should be okay but english lang is more important anyway
Got it, thanks!
thatonegirllate
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Rachelg987)
Hi, I am not OP but also got all 9s. I would recommend revising well for mocks as if they were the real thing, as they are both good practice and a head start on revision for the actual exams. I would HIGHLY recommend going over the specification for each subject and making sure you know and understand all of the content - my method was to copy the spec into a word document and basically treat it as questions, answering underneath with my own knowledge and then filling in the rest with notes/the internet. You could also turn the parts you are not strong at into flash cards. When it comes to revising for actual GCSEs, it is useless to *just* write out notes - as well as this I would suggest active recall. Try to find your preferred method as soon as possible, whether it be flash cards, practice questions, or something else - it’s different for each person. For any essay subjects you are taking, I found timing much more of an issue so definitely do as many timed essays as you can to work out how much you can write in the time - for me the issue wasn’t having enough to write, but instead having too much to write, so it is important to be able to pick out the correct amount of relevant information for the exam.For non-essay subjects try to do past papers - you can find them all online. Also if you are taking biology look at mark schemes because they ask for very specific words to get marks...Good luck for your exams, but remember GCSEs are not the be all and end all of your education, they are just a stepping stone to the next stage of life so don’t stress too much!! Hope this helps!
tysm💜
Bluezt
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 5 days ago
Here are my GCSE Results :

Welsh Second Language - B
Religious Studies (Catholic Theology & Judaism) - A*
Mathematics Higher - C
Numeracy Intermediate - C
(Triple science)
Biology: A
Chemistry: A
Physics: A
Music: A*
English Language: A*
English Literature: A
Spanish: A*
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (13)
9.09%
Okay (43)
30.07%
A bit lacking (50)
34.97%
Not good at all (37)
25.87%

Watched Threads