Gcse maths higher edexcel

Watch this thread
Anjumnus02
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Hi I have 2 questions
1. Is finding roots of cubic graph part of edexcel higher maths gcse syllabus

2. If you use dr frost maths for practice, is level 3 adequate for higher gcse .

And is level 4 aimed at maths challenge and competitions.

Thanks
turkeydinosaur16
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Anjumnus02)
Hi I have 2 questions

2. If you use dr frost maths for practice, is level 3 adequate for higher gcse .

Thanks
1. I don't believe it is. The method I would use to find them would definitely be an A Level skill. They could perhaps ask you to give the points based on a factorised form of the cubic but they wouldn't anything further.

2. In most cases yes. You can see at the top of the screen who submitted the question. If it has not been submitted by an exam board and it seems too challenging its probably the case. The STEP and Oxford Mathematical are the ones I avoided when I wanted to practice questions likely to come up in an exam.
Anjumnus02
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by turkeydinosaur16)
1. I don't believe it is. The method I would use to find them would definitely be an A Level skill. They could perhaps ask you to give the points based on a factorised form of the cubic but they wouldn't anything further.

2. In most cases yes. You can see at the top of the screen who submitted the question. If it has not been submitted by an exam board and it seems too challenging its probably the case. The STEP and Oxford Mathematical are the ones I avoided when I wanted to practice questions likely to come up in an exam.
Thanks turkey dinosaur.
Can I also ask you what websites are good to practice wxam questions for maths and triple sciences.
turkeydinosaur16
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Thanks turkey dinosaur.
Can I also ask you what websites are good to practice wxam questions for maths and triple sciences.
No worries
For maths, I'd recommend Dr Frost for isolated question practice. For full papers for maths and science were what I found best you can search on the exam board's website. Mathsmadeeasy and maths genie also have good topic worksheets for maths. I used free science lessons on Youtube to revise the science topics but otherwise I didn't use any other websites for triple science

Hope this helps
Esme9812
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Hi I have 2 questions

Thanks
Finding the roots of a cubic graph is not part of the GCSE maths syllabus. However, it is part of the Level 2 AQA further maths syllabus and a level maths.

Yes I reckon level 3 is fine, some of the level 4 questions help build your confidence if you understand them and can answer them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (18)
20.93%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (11)
12.79%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (5)
5.81%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (15)
17.44%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (18)
20.93%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
22.09%

Watched Threads