Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    im in a really uncomfortable state of mind (dunno if its depression i'l never find out) but im sick of doing the exact same stuff everyday/week and going through the exact same feelings
    i wake up in the morning feeling ok, catch the bus to uni while listening music, get there (feeling anxious/bored/on edge) then catch the bus home listening to music, get home and feel crap/depressed. sometimes i go for a walk outside with my mate. (he hates clubs and has no money so weve nothing else to do)

one minute im thinking my life is easy and im gonna get a good degree etc then another minute i see life as crap
    thanks for listening, can any of you relate to this?

ReputationRep:
    yes, unfortunately... not at the moment thank goodness but you just described 5 years of my life!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bekaboo)
    yes, unfortunately... not at the moment thank goodness but you just described 5 years of my life!!
    though were never gonna know if its the exact same feeling. im sure mine is unique lol but i doubt worse than yours :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Lol sorry i didn't mean to presume it was the same... i just mean i know that kinda dead feeling that isn't quite depression sometimes but could easily go that way and just makes you feel... numb... and then utter sh*te... *hugs*

ReputationRep:
    Lol sorry i didn't mean to presume it was the same... i just mean i know that kinda dead feeling that isn't quite depression sometimes but could easily go that way and just makes you feel... numb... and then utter sh*te... *hugs*
    how do you escape it? ive lived in the same house all my life do u think that could cause it lol

ReputationRep:
    Well the truthful answer is that i finally snapped out of it thanks to finding the two best friends i've ever known... unfortunately one of them goes to boarding school and the other dropped out of school so i don't see them so much... but between them i kinda got my head sorted a bit.

Incidentally i've lived in this house for the past 17 years 8 months and 19 days... so you never know maybe it's that!!

You've done yourself a favour in signing up on here - i find it's very useful for getting me to feel less numb and get me talking.... that and music... without music i might as well be dead!!

ReputationRep:
    Well the truthful answer is that i finally snapped out of it thanks to finding the two best friends i've ever known... unfortunately one of them goes to boarding school and the other dropped out of school so i don't see them so much... but between them i kinda got my head sorted a bit.

Incidentally i've lived in this house for the past 17 years 8 months and 19 days... so you never know maybe it's that!!

You've done yourself a favour in signing up on here - i find it's very useful for getting me to feel less numb and get me talking.... that and music... without music i might as well be dead!!
    Please don't be dead...

ReputationRep:
    Aww somebody cares *have a hug* Don't worry bout me... i play 4 instruments, i sing and i listen to music constantly... i'm not going newhere yet!!

ReputationRep:

yea music helps a lot, but the frame of mind im in this very minute i just think its all boring and doesn't help. im 5 minutes i'l probably be listening to it and thinking its the best thing ever.

ReputationRep:
    That's what i hate most... people tend to notice the times your happy and not the ones when you're sat silently in a corner... Sometimes i think it'd be more bearable if one was down all the time... because then at least it'd be acknowledged you'd have a problem - hey then you could acknowledge it yourself instead of not knowing whether you do have a problem or if it's just part of teenage life or somehow your fault

(Original post by saturn)
    im in a really uncomfortable state of mind (dunno if its depression i'l never find out) but im sick of doing the exact same stuff everyday/week and going through the exact same feelings
    i wake up in the morning feeling ok, catch the bus to uni while listening music, get there (feeling anxious/bored/on edge) then catch the bus home listening to music, get home and feel crap/depressed. sometimes i go for a walk outside with my mate. (he hates clubs and has no money so weve nothing else to do)

one minute im thinking my life is easy and im gonna get a good degree etc then another minute i see life as crap
    thanks for listening, can any of you relate to this?
    similar to my life style. get up, go 2 work, come home from work, do nothin most nights (altho sometimes do electrical work for people), go 2 bed, same 5 (usually 6) days per week

ReputationRep:
    That's what i hate most... people tend to notice the times your happy and not the ones when you're sat silently in a corner... Sometimes i think it'd be more bearable if one was down all the time... because then at least it'd be acknowledged you'd have a problem - hey then you could acknowledge it yourself instead of not knowing whether you do have a problem or if it's just part of teenage life or somehow your fault
    true my parents think ive overcome it just cause i found something funny today and acted cheerful. what causes depression? it was only recognized several years ago didn't people have it in earlier life lol:confused:

ReputationRep:
    *shrugs* i dunno.... it's funny, the more i find out about depression the more it annoys me about people who make a big deal. That sounds awful, until you meet my best friend. Look depression and mental disorders up in a dictionary and you'll find his photo... so what i have to deal with doesn't seem nearly as bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saturn)
    true my parents think ive overcome it just cause i found something funny today and acted cheerful. what causes depression? it was only recognized several years ago didn't people have it in earlier life lol:confused:
    The government forgot the anti-depressants in your area's drinking water again. That's the source of all depression, lack of antidepressants in the drinking water!

ReputationRep:
    Lol!

ReputationRep:
    I feel like that. Yesterday and today I have been feeling down as I don't feel I can cope with the maths part of my course and can't see any light at the end of the tunnel so to speak. But I remembered other people feel like that, the people here are trying to help me and I have a good support network of friends which helps.

Try talking about it, do something new..go to the cinema or just on a random trip somewhere..we go for walks and stuff or just to the uni shop when we get bored! It's such a cliche but clubs and societies at uni can be a good way of doing something new..I didn't get that involved when I got here but I am when we have our "refreshers fair" in Feb. (Due to bad timetabling I have full teaching wednesday afternoons which stopped me doing sport and I've been quite annoyed at that as I feel I have missed out a bit.)

ReputationRep:
    man I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling like that!!! I'm glad...not meant to be mean but to know that there's other people on this site that seem to be a bit low makes me feel more conforted for some awkward reason! My life is boring and the same everyday unfortunately. THank god chocolate exists

ReputationRep:
    try and think of sumfin different u can do! go and get pissed or if u can afford it go on a holiday wid sum m8s, and just get laid as many times as u can.

ReputationRep:
    I completly changed orchestra very suddenly - i.e i havn't even told my friends yet :s I will do tommorrow wish me luck - they are going to KILL me

ReputationRep:
    i relised it was getting worse when i missed the bus on purpose and got a rush from it lol

Poll
Do you have a role model?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.