My mum is making me to get the vaccine

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
I don't want it yet but maybe in a few months because I just want to see if it affects other people but my mum wants me to get it ASAP. I just don’t want to have side effects and I heard that doesn't actually stop the spread of the virus. Everyone else's parents are leaving it up to them
username4899406
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 10 months ago
you are 18 hence an adult hence your mother can't exactly force you

However people have been having vaccines since December and the number of people with side effects is no more than those who take the likes of antibiotics or statins etc
0le
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I don't want it yet but maybe in a few months because I just want to see if it affects other people but my mum wants me to get it ASAP. I just don’t want to have side effects and I heard that doesn't actually stop the spread of the virus. Everyone else's parents are leaving it up to them
If you are already concerned now about whether there are long-term side effects, then what is a few months really going to tell you?
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
People have been getting it since December so you can already "see if it affects other people"
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
It is your body, your health and your choice as an adult- not your mother's.
If you have decided that you don't want any covid vaccine, just don't register and if your mother tries to bully or harass you reply with a firm "NO".
JSMsmart
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by black tea)
People have been getting it since December so you can already "see if it affects other people"
Yeah but not younger people and they seem to be having most side-effects and even blood clots after the second dose.
Son of the Sea
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Good, your mum is doing the right thing, round of applause to her!
Anonymous #2
Report 10 months ago
Don't ever get it
Anonymous #3
Report 10 months ago
If you're living under her roof, then she has every right to tell you to get the vaccine.
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by JSMsmart)
Yeah but not younger people and they seem to be having most side-effects and even blood clots after the second dose.
The first people who got the vaccine where healthcare workers, many of whom are fit, young, healthy adults.
Anonymous #4
Report 10 months ago
Im 16 and I’ve had the vaccine (I’m vulnerable) - trust me don’t worry about the side effects, you’re young and fit and healthy, it shouldn’t really affect you as much. I had my 2nd vaccine in the middle of my gcses, I had some shivers and a mild fever but that was it- and trust me it’s worth it! If you get the vaccine you are permitted to travel, there is less of a chance you’ll get the virus and if you do then the symptoms definitely won’t be life threatening for you. If you’re that worried about the side effects, surely you should be more worried about catching covid in the first place. Covid could kill you, the vaccine won’t! I had pfizer and it makes me feel so much safer now. No offense but if you’re an anti-vaxxer..someone clearly hasn’t passed gcse biology! 😂 seriously don’t believe the *******s online ‘the governments tracking you, it’s magnetic’ and all that rubbish is absolute ********. Cmon tho, it’s summer of ‘21, you’re young…the vaccine leaves you the opportunity to travel. Take it as a privilege as you won’t have to isolate on the way back from amber countries, and you probably won’t have to isolate once ur in another country. Take the vaccine as your ticket to enjoy your youth, and to enjoy your summer! (Honestly so many people my age are jealous I’ve had the vaccine, so don’t take it for granted)
stomachulcer
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
People have been having it for months, including younger people. I received my first dose back in February and I'm young.

That being said, it's your body and your mother shouldn't be making medical decisions for you whilst you have capacity to make your own. Other people shouldn't be guilt tripping you either.
Last edited by stomachulcer; 10 months ago
Kelivesy
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by JSMsmart)
You have more chance of getting a blood clot on the contraceptive pill or from flying on a plane
Anonymous #4
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by stomachulcer)
People have been having it for months, including younger people. I received my first dose back in February and I'm young.

That being said, it's your body and your mother shouldn't be making medical decisions for you whilst you have capacity to make your own. Other people shouldn't be guilt tripping you either.
The thing is we all want lockdown to end, but in order for that to happen, the cases need to go downnnnn. Anti-vaxxers are selfish and ruin it for everyone, as while the whole country are vaccinated, they could still carry it and spread it wayyyyyy quicker compared to someone who is vaccinated. Idk if ur that worried about the side effects, you really should be worrying about your grandparents/parents/aunt and uncles lives. Imagine if you found out you’re the one who gave them covid, and imagine the amount of regret you’d have for not having the vaccine if they died because of you. Please please just get the vaccine. Comparing pro-choice to anti-vaxxers is kinda tragic imo. Having an abortion won’t kill hundreds of real life people. Not having the vaccine could. It’s just like anti-maskers. If you’re in a room with 30 people, and 29 are wearing masks..that one person could still pass covid to all 29 others. I’m double vaccinated, but after july 19th, I’ll still wear my mask because I know I could still be carrying it and I want to protect other people.
Anonymous #4
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
It is your body, your health and your choice as an adult- not your mother's.
If you have decided that you don't want any covid vaccine, just don't register and if your mother tries to bully or harass you reply with a firm "NO".
It’s not just her body and her health. The whole point of vaccinating young people is so they can protect the older/more vulnerable. Imagine your own mother dies because you passed her covid, just because you refused to get vaccinated. It’s just like wearing a mask- it will protect others. But if someone else isn’t wearing a mask and you are, then they can still pass it to you. Please make sure you wear masks after July 19th and test twice a week (esp if you’re an anti vaxxer). If your mother is vaccinated but you’re not, she’s protecting you but you’re still putting her at risk (ur more likely to carry it).
stomachulcer
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
The thing is we all want lockdown to end, but in order for that to happen, the cases need to go downnnnn. Anti-vaxxers are selfish and ruin it for everyone, as while the whole country are vaccinated, they could still carry it and spread it wayyyyyy quicker compared to someone who is vaccinated. Idk if ur that worried about the side effects, you really should be worrying about your grandparents/parents/aunt and uncles lives. Imagine if you found out you’re the one who gave them covid, and imagine the amount of regret you’d have for not having the vaccine if they died because of you. Please please just get the vaccine. Comparing pro-choice to anti-vaxxers is kinda tragic imo. Having an abortion won’t kill hundreds of real life people. Not having the vaccine could. It’s just like anti-maskers. If you’re in a room with 30 people, and 29 are wearing masks..that one person could still pass covid to all 29 others. I’m double vaccinated, but after july 19th, I’ll still wear my mask because I know I could still be carrying it and I want to protect other people.
The thing is people should be allowed to make their own decisions as to what does and doesn't happen to their own body. The best way to allow them to make an educated decision is to rationalise with them and explain why getting xyz medical decision is the best idea.

Also, don't tell me to get vaccinated, I am vaccinated and agree that people should be vaccinated so we can end ****ing lockdown and learn to live with covid. Will vaccines actually help in the long run, let's hope so. But let's not divide the world by ridiculing those who choose to double think what happens to their own body. Also, I don't automatically include those hesitant about covid vaccines as being in the same group as anti-vaxxers. Covid vaccines which have been around for less than a year and for which we are discovering new side effects regularly, are not the same as long standing vaccines such as the MMR vaccine.

Thanks for you reply anyway. I didn't read most of it
stomachulcer
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
It’s not just her body and her health. The whole point of vaccinating young people is so they can protect the older/more vulnerable. Imagine your own mother dies because you passed her covid, just because you refused to get vaccinated. It’s just like wearing a mask- it will protect others. But if someone else isn’t wearing a mask and you are, then they can still pass it to you. Please make sure you wear masks after July 19th and test twice a week (esp if you’re an anti vaxxer). If your mother is vaccinated but you’re not, she’s protecting you but you’re still putting her at risk (ur more likely to carry it).
Emotional blackmail. Nice. Who exactly are you to tell anyone what to do? Especially when you're hiding behind the anon function like a coward?
Anonymous #4
Report 10 months ago
The thing is people should be allowed to make their own decisions as to what does and doesn't happen to their own body. The best way to allow them to make an educated decision is to rationalise with them and explain why getting xyz medical decision is the best idea.

Also, don't tell me to get vaccinated, I am vaccinated and agree that people should be vaccinated so we can end ****ing lockdown and learn to live with covid. Will vaccines actually help in the long run, let's hope so. But let's not divide the world by ridiculing those who choose to double think what happens to their own body. Also, I don't automatically include those hesitant about covid vaccines as being in the same group as anti-vaxxers. Covid vaccines which have been around for less than a year and for which we are discovering new side effects regularly, are not the same as long standing vaccines such as the MMR vaccine.

Thanks for you reply anyway. I didn't read most of it
Most of the country is vaccinated yet people are still worried about side effects and what’s in it…but those same people still eat mcdonalds not fully knowing what’s in it? I agree we do need to educate people on it but its just those few who refuse to vaccinate themselves who are ruining it for everyone. It’s just sad, that some people would rather pass on covid and potentially kill hundreds of people, rather than deal with some side effects for a day. Sounds harsh but it’s true.
stomachulcer
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Most of the country is vaccinated yet people are still worried about side effects and what’s in it…but those same people still eat mcdonalds not fully knowing what’s in it? I agree we do need to educate people on it but its just those few who refuse to vaccinate themselves who are ruining it for everyone. It’s just sad, that some people would rather pass on covid and potentially kill hundreds of people, rather than deal with some side effects for a day. Sounds harsh but it’s true.
How exactly are they ruining it for everyone? Considering how many people have had the vaccine and will have the vaccine in the UK, those people choosing not to get vaccinated aren't ruining it for anyone. You should really have more faith in the vaccines lol...

You do realise that emotional blackmail doesn't work right? Especially if you are using it to try to 'convince' people to do something they don't want to do. Leave the PR schemes to people who actually know what they are doing, anon.
Anonymous #4
Report 10 months ago
Emotional blackmail. Nice. Who exactly are you to tell anyone what to do? Especially when you're hiding behind the anon function like a coward?
how is that emotional blackmail..people just can’t handle the truth now? It’s pure selfishness. You can’t handle a few side effects for a day so instead you’d rather watch your grandparents die? Fine loll 😂 funny how you call me a coward yet young fit and healthy people can’t cope with a lil fever for a day. It’s not like we’re sending you off to war, where people really did emotionally blackmail people to go. We’ve all had enough of covid so please just get vaccinated and protect your loved ones ❤️
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (16)
16.67%
The paper was reasonable (34)
35.42%
Not feeling great about that exam... (33)
34.38%
It was TERRIBLE (13)
13.54%

Watched Threads