The Student Room Group

redoing a level

if i fail year 12 will i have to apply to a 2 year a-level course or do i have to click on a-level retake courses?
Reply 1
What do you mean by fail Year 12? As the majority of people don't take public exams in Year 12 it's generally up to the sixth form whether they let people carry on or discuss what they need to change.
Reply 2
Original post by Compost
What do you mean by fail Year 12? As the majority of people don't take public exams in Year 12 it's generally up to the sixth form whether they let people carry on or discuss what they need to change.

Oh sorry, by fail yr 12 i meant not achieving the entry grades to continue doing that a level. If they don't let me continue, i don't want to stay in my schools sixth form, so will i have to choose to retake 2 years or chose the a-level retake courses.

does this make sense? sorry if it doesn't!!
The best people to ask would be your school.
Reply 4
Original post by Debranoel01
The best people to ask would be your school.

I'm planning on doing that tomorrow!
Maybe you could move on from education now
Original post by God complex 2
Maybe you could move on from education now

No if they wants to retry their a levels then they can try again. Don’t listen to this him. Just keep trying and I’m sure it will work out.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Rasian
Oh sorry, by fail yr 12 i meant not achieving the entry grades to continue doing that a level. If they don't let me continue, i don't want to stay in my schools sixth form, so will i have to choose to retake 2 years or chose the a-level retake courses.

does this make sense? sorry if it doesn't!!

(Assuming your in the UK). In that case you should be able to move to a different 6th form and re-start on a standard course but you will probably have to change at least some of your subjects.

Quick Reply

Latest