The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

sports on the penryn campus

hi,

I am looking to study Law with Business at Exeter Uni on the Penryn Campus. What facilities are there for students on this campus? specifically sport. I really want to play hockey at uni, but when I research the Exeter Uni hockey team, it appears to be based in the Exeter campus, are there separate teams or am I expected to travel to Exeter for hockey training etc?

many thanks
Original post by Anonymous
hi,

I am looking to study Law with Business at Exeter Uni on the Penryn Campus. What facilities are there for students on this campus? specifically sport. I really want to play hockey at uni, but when I research the Exeter Uni hockey team, it appears to be based in the Exeter campus, are there separate teams or am I expected to travel to Exeter for hockey training etc?

many thanks

Hi,

I've just graduated form Exeter (but I studied on the main campus in Exeter). I have friends that went to penryn and got involved in the water sports which apparently are good. With hockey the main big team will be based in Exeter but they will probably have one on the penryn campus. They are separate so you wouldn't travel between them. I'm not sure if I'm totally correct in saying this but the hockey team based in Exeter is the one that is involved in BUCS matched (a league against other unis) whereas I'm not sure if the penryn one is just a casual team. It really depends what you want out of it!! Hope that helps a little
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Original post by Darciekate
Hi,

I've just graduated form Exeter (but I studied on the main campus in Exeter). I have friends that went to penryn and got involved in the water sports which apparently are good. With hockey the main big team will be based in Exeter but they will probably have one on the penryn campus. They are separate so you wouldn't travel between them. I'm not sure if I'm totally correct in saying this but the hockey team based in Exeter is the one that is involved in BUCS matched (a league against other unis) whereas I'm not sure if the penryn one is just a casual team. It really depends what you want out of it!! Hope that helps a little

thankyou, I went to see the campus on Thursday and it looked like your right, the Penryn hockey team doesn't seem associated with the uni at all (different colours etc).
Original post by Anonymous
hi,

many thanks

Hello Anonymous,

Thank you for your question.

We do have a range of Sports Teams, including Hockey based at our Penryn Campus. A full list of societies and sports clubs and more information about each of them can be found here: https://www.thesu.org.uk/opportunities/groups/directory/ The hockey teams participate in a league in Cornwall, cup competition and have a varsity match each year.

Regarding facilities at our Penryn Camous these can be found listed here: https://fxplus.ac.uk/facilities-shops/sports-facilities/ Students will make use of local sport facilities too depending on the sports they participate in, for example the hockey team use the Astro at one of the local schools.

I hope this answers your question. If you have any other questions I can help with please just ask.

Melody
University of Exeter Student Recruitment Team

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending