buttercupdogs
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hi all !!! I’m planning on doing an EPQ next year and would really like to do it on Ancient Egypt; at University im hoping to study Archaeology and Anthropology and I wanted to do something related to that! I study Spanish, English Literature and Sociology for my A-Levels and thought that it may help (?). Anyway, I’m stuck for a certain topic on Ancient Egypt to do and then finding a question that works well. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks!!
Sandtrooper
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by buttercupdogs)
Hi all !!! I’m planning on doing an EPQ next year and would really like to do it on Ancient Egypt; at University im hoping to study Archaeology and Anthropology and I wanted to do something related to that! I study Spanish, English Literature and Sociology for my A-Levels and thought that it may help (?). Anyway, I’m stuck for a certain topic on Ancient Egypt to do and then finding a question that works well. Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks!!
Hi there,

I have an Egyptology degree, and did my own EPQ on Egypt, so happy to help. Do you have any rough ideas? What are your areas of interest within Egyptology, e.g. language, religion, history, etc, and any specific periods?
buttercupdogs
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by Sandtrooper)
Hi there,

I have an Egyptology degree, and did my own EPQ on Egypt, so happy to help. Do you have any rough ideas? What are your areas of interest within Egyptology, e.g. language, religion, history, etc, and any specific periods?
Hi !!! That’s so cool !! I was thinking about doing how religion shaped Ancient Egyptian society, perhaps from the Late Period up to Alexander’s Conquest? Or even how it changed between the different periods and dynasties. What about Egypt did you do your EPQ on?
NovaeSci
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
There's a lecture series on Wondrium (formally The Great Courses Plus) called History of Ancient Egypt. There are a few other lectures on Ancient Egypt as well. They all go into detail, and as a person interested in Ancient Egypt, I found them really good. I could see plenty of topics featured, that you get from watching them. You can get a 2-week free trial as well. They also come with a coursebook, in the hundreds of pages, which accompany the lectures. Worth a check out
Last edited by NovaeSci; 4 months ago
Sandtrooper
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by buttercupdogs)
Hi !!! That’s so cool !! I was thinking about doing how religion shaped Ancient Egyptian society, perhaps from the Late Period up to Alexander’s Conquest? Or even how it changed between the different periods and dynasties. What about Egypt did you do your EPQ on?
Hi there,

I did my EPQ on the life of Ramesses II, so quite different, but I really enjoyed it. So, the topics you've picked are quite large, but you could probably manage it. Look into a concept called 'personal piety' - I think that could perhaps be a topic you could explore. I don't know too much about Late Period religion, but I definitely think that you could do something with that, as long as you narrow it down a little.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (18)
8.33%
Okay (64)
29.63%
A bit lacking (81)
37.5%
Not good at all (53)
24.54%

Watched Threads