The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Grain bars tend to be better for you than the nutty ones :smile: But oh well. I like trackers and all the tracker ripoffs :biggrin: Plus nutrigrain and all the nutrigrain ripoffs :smile: Except the chocolate ones...
Reply 21
Bekaboo

Lol yes but 2000 calories is to maintain normal metabolic function - i.e. to keep your weight constant. That's how much your body physically needs to perform daily functions. I can't remember whether it's 1500 or 1000 but if your calorie intake drops below 1 of them then you don't lose weight in a nice way anyway cos u r body goes into starvation mode and just starts digesting ur muscles instead!!! NICE!!!

That doesn't sound too pleasant! :frown:
Reply 22
kew96158
*Stomach rumbles*
I'm so, so hungry. And the trouble is, I've had dinner. Damn this diet...

Drink a pint of water, it works.

A.
Reply 23
Funnily enuf it's not!! That's why i recommend upping your calorie intake!! Or else i will find u the recipe for the negative calorie soup... then u can eat whatever u like :biggrin:
Reply 24
I adore Nutrigrain Elevenses. Mmmmmm
kew96158
That doesn't sound too pleasant! :frown:

Nope it's not :frown:

For women this would be 1500 calories. 2000 is the recommended intake. Really you should be keeping to what's recommended!

For losing weight, the thing to do is exercise! Eating less isn't half as effective :smile: Think of yourself as a car. You eat, fill up your tank, so spend it! If you don't spend it then it'll all just build up (stretching the analogy here I know) but likewise if you don't eat/fill up enough then you won't be functioning properly! :eek:

Remember that in the morning you can eat pretty much whatever you like because you have the rest of the day to work it off :biggrin: So always fill up in the morning!
Reply 26
Bekaboo
Funnily enuf it's not!! That's why i recommend upping your calorie intake!! Or else i will find u the recipe for the negative calorie soup... then u can eat whatever u like :biggrin:

Ok I'll try upping it up a bit then... :biggrin:

Edit: I don't really have the time for exercise... though I suppose I do more walking around here than I do at home.
Sophdoph
I adore Nutrigrain Elevenses. Mmmmmm

so do i! raisin nutrigrain elevenses ... mmmm :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending