The Student Room Group

2021 A/AS Results Day Countdown: today is the day - well done everyone!

Scroll to see replies

Medicine
Yeah I hope it's alright. Just want to get out of the town where I live more than anything at the moment.
Original post by yippy-yikes
8:30am on 10th August is when track re-opens (it closes on the 4th). I'm guessing the site is going to crash at that time ahhhh :eek4:

Thanks! Omgggg it closes tomorrow!
Original post by Anon???
What time will track update on the 10th August - AKA when do I need to constantly refresh 😂

It’s all explained in the OP :smile:
Original post by yippy-yikes
8:30am on 10th August is when track re-opens (it closes on the 4th). I'm guessing the site is going to crash at that time ahhhh :eek4:

oooh dammm

I am collecting my results in person at 09:00 AM so my plan was to check track at 08:00 AM (on google it said, track updates at around 08:00AM) to see if i got into my firm and calm the nerves a little.

Now that it's updating at 08:30 AM means I will have to check track whilst I am on my way to the school lol, and if it crashes that will make it even worse....................
@PQ when track does update on results day do you get an email from ucas track saying so or is the only way to know you’ve got an offer logging in? I assume if there is an email it’ll be the standard there has been an update email and I’ll have to log on then anyway. Also if there is an email do you know how long is the delay between track updates and the email.
Original post by Hellllpppp
@PQ when track does update on results day do you get an email from ucas track saying so or is the only way to know you’ve got an offer logging in? I assume if there is an email it’ll be the standard there has been an update email and I’ll have to log on then anyway. Also if there is an email do you know how long is the delay between track updates and the email.

Ucas do send out emails but they tend to send them after 9:30ish to spread the load on the servers.

I can’t remember the exact wording but I think it’s the standard “there has been an update” without any details.
Original post by CurryCurry2468
oooh dammm

I am collecting my results in person at 09:00 AM so my plan was to check track at 08:00 AM (on google it said, track updates at around 08:00AM) to see if i got into my firm and calm the nerves a little.

Now that it's updating at 08:30 AM means I will have to check track whilst I am on my way to the school lol, and if it crashes that will make it even worse....................

It's been 8am the last few years, so I'm guessing Google top results just haven't caught up to the change to 8:30 this year (the 8:30 time is confirmed here: https://www.ucas.com/advisers/managing-applications/supporting-you-through-confirmation-and-clearing/confirmation-and-clearing-2021-key-dates). Best of luck for the day though, and try not to stress too much however the timings play out :smile:
Original post by CurryCurry2468
oooh dammm

Oh bless you; but like @Interea said, I wish you the best of luck on the day too! If the nerves are getting to you then perhaps practise breathing techniques etc? :console:

I collect my results at 8:30 so I'll be logging into track when I'm there yikes 💀
@yippy-yikes
@CurryCurry2468
You’re so lucky that you can get your results in person :colondollar: all I’ve been told is they’re sending us an email in the morning so I’m really hoping the email comes through at 8:30 if not i guess i’ll log into track and hope it is updated.
Original post by Hellllpppp
@yippy-yikes
@CurryCurry2468
You’re so lucky that you can get your results in person :colondollar: all I’ve been told is they’re sending us an email in the morning so I’m really hoping the email comes through at 8:30 if not i guess i’ll log into track and hope it is updated.

Oh mann, yeah they could not give us via email cuz every year, when its the end of term they auto reset our school email accounts or something like that and the only way to reset the password is if ur on the actual computers in school.

Yeah I am gonna log into track on the way to school tho and hope it don't glitch or crash.
On school email addresses - make sure that you haven't got your UCAS details set up with your school email address. Update it to an address that you wont lose access to on UCAS and then double check that your universities have that address too.
at what time can we ring up universities on results day to ask them for clearing vacancies?
Original post by BluePurpSky
at what time can we ring up universities on results day to ask them for clearing vacancies?

when you have your results and the phone lines are open
Most universities will have their phone lines open from 8:30am ish
Original post by PQ
when you have your results and the phone lines are open
Most universities will have their phone lines open from 8:30am ish

a lot of unis which have previously had vacancies has just suddenly closed them. i think they are going to re-open them on results day.

results will be out at 8 AM yes?
(edited 2 years ago)
a lot of unis which have previously had vacancies has just suddenly closed them. i think they are going to re-open them on results day.

results will be out at 8 AM yes?

results are embargoed until 8:30am. It's up to your college/school when you can collect your results after that time.
Original post by PQ
results are embargoed until 8:30am. It's up to your college/school when you can collect your results after that time.

do u think there's going to be an event of a ofqual downgrade? like last year?
do u think there's going to be an event of a ofqual downgrade? like last year?

I think it's much clearer this year what rules TAG grades had to follow from the start and so most centres wont get their submitted grades amended. Whether that means candidates will get the grades they expect or not is an entirely different question.
Original post by PQ
I think it's much clearer this year what rules TAG grades had to follow from the start and so most centres wont get their submitted grades amended. Whether that means candidates will get the grades they expect or not is an entirely different question.

well what does ofqual do in this process and why did it take so long then if they didn't have to amend?

I believe its from 08:30 AM onwards

Quick Reply

Latest