2021 A/AS Results Day Countdown: today is the day - well done everyone!

Watch this thread
Poll: How are you getting your results?
Collecting in person (421)
46.16%
Logging into college portal (157)
17.21%
Logging into exam board portal (77)
8.44%
Email from college (241)
26.43%
Through the post (11)
1.21%
Someone is collecting them for me (5)
0.55%
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by ineedhelpsohelp)
Just checked the flow chart. What exactly does ""conditional" next to your firm" mean? and is this different from getting rejected?
It means that your firm choice either hadn't made a decision or hasn't sent that decision to UCAS by results day.
That can be for a whole range of reasons which is why it's important to ring if that is what Track shows to find out if they've decided and if not when they will decide (and if they need more information from you)
starrystudy
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
I’m so scared I won’t get the A*AA grades I need to get into uni😭 can’t stop overthinking how badly my final exams went as well ahh
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by starrystudy)
I’m so scared I won’t get the A*AA grades I need to get into uni😭 can’t stop overthinking how badly my final exams went as well ahh
Good luck!
Whatever happens you will be fine.

The key is whatever & wherever you move onto after school stay self-motivated & work hard.
PQ
Rep:
UCAS have worked their little socks off and matched the exam results to applications in record time.

They’re now available to universities.

So no delays or late nights. Universities will be getting busy from tomorrow morning and hopefully as many decisions as possible will be sorted and sent to UCAS before Track is unfrozen on Tuesday
replaythat
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by PQ)
UCAS have worked their little socks off and matched the exam results to applications in record time.

So no delays or late nights. Universities will be getting busy from tomorrow morning and hopefully as many decisions as possible will be sorted and sent to UCAS before Track is unfrozen on Tuesday
AHHHH this is kinda scary to read :l Thanks for updating us
5hyl33n
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by PQ)

Thanks for the update!
yippy-yikes
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by PQ)

Yes, thank you for the update! I'm going to distract myself in the meantime :emog:
Unknown1232003
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by PQ)

Thank you so much for putting in so much effort to keep us all updated!!
Ten-Ten
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by PQ)

Do you work for ucas
PQ
Rep:
(Original post by Ten-Ten)
Do you work for ucas
No
Ten-Ten
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by PQ)
No
How do you know so much about it
LawStudent456
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Track WILL NOT CHANGE between 8am and midday.

So if at 8:30 it doesn't say whether I've been accepted or not, I have to wait 3 hours for track to update?

Track will go live AFTER 8:30am on results day. UCAS say 8:30am (and 8am for Advisers)
I've seen a school say that people can collect their results from 8, is that not breaking the embargo then as the 'advisers' will be staff at the school? Or is this embargo only for university places and not A Level grades?
LawStudent456
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ten-Ten)
How do you know so much about it
The information is reliable if that's what you are worried about
K Russell
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hi I know I'm late to this thread but:

1. I'm doing A Levels
2. The A Levels I studied are History; English Language & Literature; Philosophy & Ethics
3. My firm university is University of Brighton and my insurance is St Mary's University
4. I am going to be doing Primary Education (with QTS) ages 5-11
5. The required grades are B,B,B
6. I'm going to uni in September 2021
7. The grades that I was predicted were A,B,B
8. I'm really, really nervous about results day because I have put an idea in my head of what I am going to get, and now I am worried my results won't be what I expected.
9. Good luck to everyone else for results day!!!
K Russell
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Ahhhh! I can't believe it is six days away! If I'm being honest I just wish it was tomorrow because I want to get it over with.
frenchie_
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by K Russell)
Ahhhh! I can't believe it is six days away! If I'm being honest I just wish it was tomorrow because I want to get it over with.
yeah same
CurryCurry2468
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by LawStudent456)
Track WILL NOT CHANGE between 8am and midday.

So if at 8:30 it doesn't say whether I've been accepted or not, I have to wait 3 hours for track to update?

Track will go live AFTER 8:30am on results day. UCAS say 8:30am (and 8am for Advisers)
I've seen a school say that people can collect their results from 8, is that not breaking the embargo then as the 'advisers' will be staff at the school? Or is this embargo only for university places and not A Level grades?
This is what I am kinda worried about, like imagine it don't update for us so we wont get that pre warning in a sense of what our results will be like. My initial plan was to check track at around 08:00 AM to see if I got into my firm, that way I will know at minimum I got AAB but I found out yesterday that it is going live at 08:30 AM so I will have to check track on my way to school lol which will be annoying but it must be done.

Either way I want to pre warn myself in ample time for 09:00 AM where I will go into school and collect my results

Also yeah one of my mates told me his school is giving results out electronically via email at 08:00 AM, I assume the embargo is for university places.

Anyways best of luck to you for your results
Cote1
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Understandable to be very nervous. Everyone will soon know now.
CurryCurry2468
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by K Russell)
Since last week I was thinking about it so much but I am working so this week it sort of not on my mind as much surprisingly even tho it is 6 days away.

Best of luck to you on your results and your next steps
Ten-Ten
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by LawStudent456)
The information is reliable if that's what you are worried about
Nope. Just wondering how they know so much
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (12)
17.65%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (24)
35.29%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (5)
7.35%
Speaking to staff members from universities (1)
1.47%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (7)
10.29%
Reading articles about what steps to take (14)
20.59%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (2)
2.94%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
4.41%

Watched Threads