The Student Room Group

2021 A/AS Results Day Countdown: today is the day - well done everyone!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Unknown1232003
@PQ hi sorry i keep asking so many questions.. but i just wanted to ask: on results day can your nominated access also ring up unis if you have to go through clearing (just to maximise chances of you getting into somewhere?) Or is it only the applicant that has to make all the calls?

You need to be with your nominated access to grant permission verbally on each call I'm afraid.
The nominated access only grants permission to UCAS to speak to that person - universities need permission from you directly.
1) A level
2) Maths, Computer Science, Physics

3) Degree Apprenticeship
4) Software Engineering
5) CCC (It's not because it's easy, it's because they wanted passion for development mainly, and not just for people to apply simply because they were good at Computer Science and had high grades)
6) Starting in September

7) Predicted - A*A*A
8) I'm not nervous because I don't need sky high grades to get where I'm going but I don't think I'll get A*A*A. I don't feel like I'll get A* in maths because the way our mini exams were conducted for maths was a farce. They basically went through the mark scheme for every possible question about 3 times and most people knew what the questions were off other students which hyperinflated the grade boundaries, so I ended up getting 2 Bs when I'd been getting As and A*s all year. And I got Bs for the first couple of monthly tests in my first year, so I just don't see it happening. Of course, an A isn't bad, it's really good, I wouldn't exactly be gutted if I didn't get an A* it would just be frustrating. Pretty sure I'll get A* in computing though and I'd be happy with an A in physics because it's really hard to get an A*. I've had a couple in my past tests but it's mostly As :smile:
9) N/A
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by PQ
12 days

The nerves will start really kicking in soon
lol i passed but idk bout my friends 🤦🏽*♂️
Can someone change the 12 days to 11 days?
Reply 105
Is anyone else afraid of their bad marked evidences that can be contributed to a bad grade or just me?:s-smilie:
Original post by mjhmichael18
Can someone change the 12 days to 11 days?

Sorry - had a lie in :P
11 days!
Original post by $hea
Is anyone else afraid of their bad marked evidences that can be contributed to a bad grade or just me?:s-smilie:

Yep same 😖
11 days. Just want to know and be put out of my misery. This is a horrible wait.
10 days.
Original post by $hea

Your school should have shared with you the pieces of evidence they used in determining your grade.

But yeah I was not worried at first for maths as they was only using the 2 sets of mocks we did in term 5.

They never told us the final list of evidence they used, instead they just put it on the school website like a week after the summer break started.

So for maths it shows they used the mock from may and some paper we did as classwork back in November. That paper from November, we all did poorly on so I am kinda worried about my maths grade (I am praying at minimum I get a B as that is what I need for uni).
Reply 112
Original post by CurryCurry2468
Your school should have shared with you the pieces of evidence they used in determining your grade.

But yeah I was not worried at first for maths as they was only using the 2 sets of mocks we did in term 5.

They never told us the final list of evidence they used, instead they just put it on the school website like a week after the summer break started.

So for maths it shows they used the mock from may and some paper we did as classwork back in November. That paper from November, we all did poorly on so I am kinda worried about my maths grade (I am praying at minimum I get a B as that is what I need for uni).

I am a private candidate. Registered my name with the centre in Feb and never heard from them till the end of april for the fee. Then after paying, they said we had to do mocks in that week and they didnt want evidences from me. So it was too late to change centres😪. Once that mock was over... then they had given me a last min 2nd mock (by the time I thought I was done with everything) and I feel like I did badly on the 2nd one. They told me in the beginning they would average the whole thing. Then they said that the 2nd mock is the only one that counts becuase it is "easier" to give grades 😪. So IDK where I stand. When summer break started they wanted some evidences for two of my subjects because the board requested it (my conclusion is why would the board request my evidences if the centre graded me an U. Right?!) I just want Cs.... i give up.
Sorry for the long explanation.

I hope you get the grades you want and move on from all of this😊. Good luck.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by $hea
I am a private candidate. Registered my name with the centre in Feb and never heard from them till the end of april for the fee. Then after paying, they said we had to do mocks in that week and they didnt want evidences from me. So it was too late to change centres😪. Once that mock was over... then they had given me a last min 2nd mock (by the time I thought I was done with everything) and I feel like I did badly on the 2nd one. They told me in the beginning they would average the whole thing. Then they said that the 2nd mock is the only one that counts becuase it is "easier" to give grades 😪. So IDK where I stand. When summer break started they wanted some evidences for two of my subjects because the board requested it (my conclusion is why would the board request my evidences if the centre graded me an U. Right?!) I just want Cs.... i give up.
Sorry for the long explanation.

I hope you get the grades you want and move on from all of this😊. Good luck.

Damm your centre should be held accountable for this.

Plus its their responsibility to collate a sufficient amount of evidence for determining your final grade. The fact that they said before hand that they wont need any evidence from you but then turn around after the submission deadline to ask you for evidence suggests to me that they are disorganised and have no clue what they are doing.
Reply 114
Damm your centre should be held accountable for this.

Plus its their responsibility to collate a sufficient amount of evidence for determining your final grade. The fact that they said before hand that they wont need any evidence from you but then turn around after the submission deadline to ask you for evidence suggests to me that they are disorganised and have no clue what they are doing.

I tried to tell the board and ask them questions about it but they kept on saying "it is the centre's/school's choice". Can't do anything about it now... it is almost dooms day.
Am I the only one who knows what assessment materials (and the grades I got for them) will count towards my grades? Honestly, if grades were based solely on the final assessments I did back in May, I would've definitely done better but since other material is being used, I'm pretty sure my grades will be lower now...
Original post by agnos987
Am I the only one who knows what assessment materials (and the grades I got for them) will count towards my grades? Honestly, if grades were based solely on the final assessments I did back in May, I would've definitely done better but since other material is being used, I'm pretty sure my grades will be lower now...

I think schools had the choice on whether to tell students what raw Mark's or percentages they got on the assessments that were contributing towards their final grade.

My school never gave us any raw Mark's or percentages. Instead, on results day we will be receiving a mark breakdown for each assessment that contributed towards our final grade, we have already been told which assessments were used
Original post by agnos987

I don’t know if we’ll be told anything about how well we did on our assessments apart from the final overall grade but in March we were told which 4/5 pieces of evidence would be used
Original post by SB1234567890
I don’t know if we’ll be told anything about how well we did on our assessments apart from the final overall grade but in March we were told which 4/5 pieces of evidence would be used

They may tell you on results day most likely, you will probs have a separate piece of paper which gives a breakdown of marks u got for each assessment that contributed towards your final grade. This is what my school are doing.
They may tell you on results day most likely, you will probs have a separate piece of paper which gives a breakdown of marks u got for each assessment that contributed towards your final grade. This is what my school are doing.

Hopefully as the only marks I know that are being used as evidence at the moment are the September exam and fortnightly assessments we did from the start of year 12 and I really want to know what I got in the March-May assessments
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest