The Student Room Group

2021 A/AS Results Day Countdown: today is the day - well done everyone!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Uni of Hull Students
Hi blue_skies124,
Try not to be too discouraged at sitting on hold! With the new grades system, clearing & admissions lines are even busier than is usually expected, you will get there in the end and as someone already holding an offer and wishing to defer you are in a slightly more comfortable spot.
Lizzy, Student ambassador


The lady replied and said to message their website asking for enquires regarding deferral entries but they tend to take a while to reply
Is there a deadline regarding deferral entries and would I need to notify student finance if they do go ahead with it
Got 5 A* :smile:
My school screwed over and gave me below my firm and insurance offer however my firm offered me foundation year instead for my course. Ive chose to accept it I hope ive made the right decision.
Original post by CoolCavy
Amazing work guys :nutcase: :woo:



Excuse me, I see you are an applications adviser. I am just wondering, how long do I have to defer now I have gotten in (I know I should have done it already but I wasn't even sure I was getting in lol)? Course starts October and I don't want to wait and take the mick of course, but haven't spoken to family yet or anything.. Sorry to bother you and thank you!

edit: and how would I do so? Would I call them? Can't find anything on Track about it. Thanks again
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by BlinkyBill
Heya, this sounds a bit confusing, but we're here to help. Can I just check, have you received an email about this yourself? And you received your grades last year?

I got most of my results last year and then resat one subject this year, getting my result today. My uni offer was confirmed on UCAS this morning but the uni then sent an email an hour ago about been oversubscribed, saying that there is either the option to transfer in a Transfer Scheme to another medical school or to defer and join next year. Both of these options have a £10,000 bursary available. Can I be forced to accept these options, I thought that contractually they had to take me once I accept an offer on UCAS. I don’t want to be a hassle but I already took a year out, I would hate to do it again and this uni is my dream school so I don’t want to have to go somewhere else.
Original post by Emmygus
Thanks :smile: Yeah I resat to get into animal bio, behaviour, welfare and ethics at RVC, and hopefully vet med from that

thats awesome. my youngest is about to start year 12 and wants to do zoology/animal behaviour, and the course looks amazing :smile: well done for getting into uni
Checked UCAS, happy to be confirmed into my first choice - When do I get a confirmation email?
Has anyone received anything from their colleges at Oxford Uni?

Best wishes to everyone getting their results today x
Just a quick message to say a huge well done to everyone receiving their results today!

Whether you got what you wanted or are looking at Clearing, you've done extremely well to get through this tough year so you should be extremely proud no matter what!

Anyone who's coming to Reading, or thinking about applying through Clearing, please do pop onto our threads to ask any questions - we'd love to help!

Congratulations everyone and good luck in your next chapters! :h:

Skye
1st Year Speech and Language Therapy Student & Student Ambassador
Original post by Pillbottle
I got most of my results last year and then resat one subject this year, getting my result today. My uni offer was confirmed on UCAS this morning but the uni then sent an email an hour ago about been oversubscribed, saying that there is either the option to transfer in a Transfer Scheme to another medical school or to defer and join next year. Both of these options have a £10,000 bursary available. Can I be forced to accept these options, I thought that contractually they had to take me once I accept an offer on UCAS. I don’t want to be a hassle but I already took a year out, I would hate to do it again and this uni is my dream school so I don’t want to have to go somewhere else.

Thanks for the extra info. Are you able to tell me what course this is for?

I'm sorry to hear you're in this position. :frown:

So we started getting some information that this kind of thing may be happening, but we've not seen much of it so far. I'd really strongly encourage you to call the medical school where you're holding your offer, and just triple check what your options are here - ie. is there an option to attend this year at that school, or do you have to choose between transferring or deferring.

I know it's hard, but try to just focus on getting some clarity first, then you can make your decision when you know the options for sure.

Can you keep us up to date about what happens?
Original post by 学生の父
@Anon??? We don't think there are any places prepared to take transfers. Birmingham is an excellent med school.


Thanks. It was just the Uni emailed saying there was a transfer scheme but I couldn’t find them? Thanks anyways!
Original post by Pillbottle
I got most of my results last year and then resat one subject this year, getting my result today. My uni offer was confirmed on UCAS this morning but the uni then sent an email an hour ago about been oversubscribed, saying that there is either the option to transfer in a Transfer Scheme to another medical school or to defer and join next year. Both of these options have a £10,000 bursary available. Can I be forced to accept these options, I thought that contractually they had to take me once I accept an offer on UCAS. I don’t want to be a hassle but I already took a year out, I would hate to do it again and this uni is my dream school so I don’t want to have to go somewhere else.


This is exactly what has happened to me!
Original post by Sailbu
Excuse me, I see you are an applications adviser. I am just wondering, how long do I have to defer now I have gotten in (I know I should have done it already but I wasn't even sure I was getting in lol)? Course starts October and I don't want to wait and take the mick of course, but haven't spoken to family yet or anything.. Sorry to bother you and thank you!

edit: and how would I do so? Would I call them? Can't find anything on Track about it. Thanks again

I'd call the university and ask, there isn't usually a fixed deadline, but the earlier you tell them - the sooner they are able to advertise and fill the place for somebody else for this October.
Original post by 04MR17
I'd call the university and ask, there isn't usually a fixed deadline, but the earlier you tell them - the sooner they are able to advertise and fill the place for somebody else for this October.

Thank you :smile:
Original post by BlinkyBill
Thanks for the extra info. Are you able to tell me what course this is for?

I'm sorry to hear you're in this position. :frown:

So we started getting some information that this kind of thing may be happening, but we've not seen much of it so far. I'd really strongly encourage you to call the medical school where you're holding your offer, and just triple check what your options are here - ie. is there an option to attend this year at that school, or do you have to choose between transferring or deferring.

I know it's hard, but try to just focus on getting some clarity first, then you can make your decision when you know the options for sure.

Can you keep us up to date about what happens?

Hey, I just got off the phone with them. This is for medicine A100. They said that transferring or deferring are just other possible options and that I still have my place to start in September at the same university. I think the email was just too focused on the details of transferring and deferring that it made it seem like those were the only two options. But thankfully they said that my confirmed place is still there, they just wanted to inform everyone about all their options.
Thanks for your help!
Just got my results - A* A* A* A* in geography, English lit, art and EPQ and got accepted to Durham!:h: Literally nearly cried (luckily I didn't that would've been so embarrassing!:rofl3:) x
Original post by SneezyPanda
Just got my results - A* A* A* A* in geography, English lit, art and EPQ and got accepted to Durham!:h: Literally nearly cried (luckily I didn't that would've been so embarrassing!:rofl3:) x

Congratulations!!! :hugs:
Original post by SneezyPanda
Just got my results - A* A* A* A* in geography, English lit, art and EPQ and got accepted to Durham!:h: Literally nearly cried (luckily I didn't that would've been so embarrassing!:rofl3:) x

Incredible! :yay:
Original post by 04MR17
I'd call the university and ask, there isn't usually a fixed deadline, but the earlier you tell them - the sooner they are able to advertise and fill the place for somebody else for this October.

Thanks for answering this :colondollar:
Original post by Pillbottle
Hey, I just got off the phone with them. This is for medicine A100. They said that transferring or deferring are just other possible options and that I still have my place to start in September at the same university. I think the email was just too focused on the details of transferring and deferring that it made it seem like those were the only two options. But thankfully they said that my confirmed place is still there, they just wanted to inform everyone about all their options.
Thanks for your help!

Awesome that you were able to get through to them so quickly, and I'm so glad to hear you're still able to start in September! Thanks for keeping us updated too, this might help us help other students with the same question. :smile:

Congratulations mate. How exciting!
Original post by Anon???
This is exactly what has happened to me!

Oh really? Did you manage to speak to the uni about it? Do you know what you want to do?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending