The Student Room Group

2021 A/AS Results Day Countdown: today is the day - well done everyone!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cote1
That is a lot of distinctions. Well done.

Thank you. I almost achieved the equivalent of AAA at A Level so got to be happy with my results.
I've been busy all day that I forgot to respond here. I got A*A*A*A and got into my firm I'm so thrilled. Thanks for the support
Original post by Afrrcyn
ehh, I got to mow the lawn and cut hedges... so that was uhhhh fun?

I dare say it was hahaha.
If you run down the lawn when mowing, it becomes more entertaining lol
Original post by efefeee
I've been busy all day that I forgot to respond here. I got A*A*A*A and got into my firm I'm so thrilled. Thanks for the support

Wow! That's a stunning set of results. Well done!!
Original post by brainzistheword
I'm not entirely sure and it may differ depending on how colleges write their results slips...

Do you have a photo of your results (without any personal details of course!) :smile:

image.jpg
The rest of the columns are empty
Happy to say that I got in to De Montfort University, (Leicester) even though I didn’t get the grades I was hoping for. I got an E in Economics and an E in Business Studies and a Merit in BTEC National and Extended Certificate in Applied Law. I will accept but defer for a year because I have been offered a supported internship at Barnardo’s (Rugby) for work experience 4 days a week and 1 day a week doing an AAT course. Lots of Love From Michael.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by mjhmichael18
Happy to say that I got in to De Montfort University, (Leicester) even though I didn’t get the grades I was hoping for. I got an E in Economics and an E in Business Studies and a Merit in BTEC National and Extended Certificate in Applied Law. I will accept but defer for a year because I have been offered a supported internship at Barnardo’s (Rugby) for work experience 4 days a week and 1 day a week doing an AAT course. Lots of Love From Michael.

Well done. Leicester is a good city to go to. I went to Leicester University.
I hope everyone got what they deserve!

As a fellow student who just got his slightly disappointing results today, don't be too disheartened by your results, it's been a very hard year for us all
Original post by mjhmichael18

Congratulations, Michael. Enjoy your internship this year as you look forward to taking up your place at De Montfort in 2022.

Original post by Jonathanツ
I hope everyone got what they deserve!

As a fellow student who just got his slightly disappointing results today, don't be too disheartened by your results, it's been a very hard year for us all

Well done. It has been incredibly hard.
Original post by Cote1
My daughter was very happy with three grades and not so happy with the fourth. Overall, she was very pleased though and it is all done with.
It has been a dreadful, awful year for many and I am so proud of my daughter for just getting through it and surviving! What an achievement this has been in itself.
Be proud of yourselves.

Thank you :smile: As it just happens I also am pretty happy with three of mine, it was just the fourth one lol

It's definitely a little bit anti-climactic but remember that you are only expected to do 3 A-levels so anything else (even if not so good) definitely should be celebrated
didn’t get into vet school this year as I got b’s instead of A’s in bio and Chem :frown: I feel so lost and nervous about my resits next year.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by aliaa03
didn’t get into vet school this year as I got b’s instead of A’s in bio and Chem :frown: I feel so lost and nervous about my resits next year.

Understand this but your grades are still brilliant. Just focus on the resits, plan your work and you will be fine. They are tough subjects but you will be able to do it as you have a good grounding now and only have two to do. If you can get Bs now then you can get As. Get as much support as you can from teachers.
Original post by aliaa03

:bear:
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by aliaa03
Vet Med is the champions league of uni admissions. You've done brilliantly to come all the way to results day still in the system, and during a pandemic too!
Original post by aliaa03
i needed AAB for Vet school but ended up getting BBB. i emailed my school asking to resit next summer and ended up getting a phone call telling me to be realistic about if i’d get the grades and i should consider different career paths.

do you think i should resit?? i have no clue.

That sounds pretty harsh of your school. Your grades were not wildly out from your vet school offer and you would have a whole year to focus on revision and consolidating your knowledge before the summer exams.

If I were you, I would want another shot at it since you came pretty close this year and online learning has been hard for many. I would reassure your school (and maybe yourself) that you do want to do resits but that you will have an Insurance option next year that you can accept if you don't get into vet school due to grade disappointment.
I didn't get the grades for medicine this year- I got Bs
My school said I should apply as a private candidate
So shall I apply through the school or as a private candidate, I am quite confused.
Any other further maths chads here? 4 A* oxford reject
Original post by positivity4
So shall I apply through the school or as a private candidate, I am quite confused.
A private candidate still needs somewhere to take the exam (like a school), so I think the idea your school are suggesting is that you retake your exams without being a pupil enrolled at the school. You could spend the year working and studying and then sit the exams in the summer. Or there are opportunities to retake this October instead.
Original post by positivity4

hello :smile: i’m in the exact same boat except i applied for vet med.

i would 100% apply through your school, this way they can provide your teacher references for you as well as help with all the ucas stuff. plus if for ANY reason exams suddenly got cancelled you know you won’t get screwed over like other private candidates did.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending