The Student Room Group

a level stationary

I am starting a levels in September but am unsure of what stationary i shall need. I will be taking classical civilisation, drama and theatre studies and psychology. Any advice on each of these subjects is also much appreciated. :P
I've just finished year 13 and did psychology. I had a day folder where I put work for the most recent chapter for every subject then for each subject I had a folder for each paper that I left at home, all lever arch files (this would be 3 for psychology). You will need pencils and rulers for graphs, and a calculator for any maths in research methods.
Other basic stationery may/will include (I'm a bit of a stationery addict so this is probably a bit excessive):
Paper
Pens (normal and coloured)
Highlighters
Plastic wallets or a hole punch
Stapler
Glue stick, scissors... (though used less than lower years due to using folders more)
Dividers
Flashcards and boxes (if you find that flashcards work for you)
Post-it notes (again if they work for you)
A planner may be useful to help with organisation/time management
I found ring binger popper wallets that I put at the front of my day folder for loose sheets but these really aren't essential
Bulldog clips/paper clips (again not really essential)
Possibly a magazine file to hold spare paper or exercise books
Possibly a to-do list pad (I'm a bit obsessed with to-do list pads)

Hope this helps
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by SB1234567890
I've just finished year 13 and did psychology. I had a day folder where I put work for the most recent chapter for every subject then for each subject I had a folder for each paper that I left at home, all lever arch files (this would be 3 for psychology). You will need pencils and rulers for graphs, and a calculator for any maths in research methods.
Other basic stationery may/will include (I'm a bit of a stationery addict so this is probably a bit excessive):
Paper
Pens (normal and coloured)
Highlighters
Plastic wallets or a hole punch
Stapler
Glue stick, scissors... (though used less than lower years due to using folders more)
Dividers
Flashcards and boxes (if you find that flashcards work for you)
Post-it notes (again if they work for you)
A planner may be useful to help with organisation/time management
I found ring binger popper wallets that I put at the front of my day folder for loose sheets but these really aren't essential
Bulldog clips (again not really essential)
Possibly a magazine file to hold spare paper or exercise books
Possibly a to-do list pad (I'm a bit obsessed with to-do list pads)

Hope this helps

This is great! thank you so much :smile:
Original post by molly212
I am starting a levels in September but am unsure of what stationary i shall need. I will be taking classical civilisation, drama and theatre studies and psychology. Any advice on each of these subjects is also much appreciated. :P

Hardly anything to be honest. Biros, pencil (rubber and sharpener), highlighters and maybe a ruler??? I took maths, chemistry and biology, so quite different subjects to yours but I pretty much used 4 coloured biros (+ a pencil in maths) and that was it. I did invest in a set of coloured fine liners to create mind maps for my revision but that really depends upon how you like to revise. Buying ring binders to store your work is important and I also opted for a small folder to keep in my bag to carry my notes for that week, homework etc.

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by turkeydinosaur16
Hardly anything to be honest. Biros, pencil (rubber and sharpener), highlighters and maybe a ruler??? I took maths, chemistry and biology, so quite different subjects to yours but I pretty much used 4 coloured biros (+ a pencil in maths) and that was it. I did invest in a set of coloured fine liners to create mind maps for my revision but that really depends upon how you like to revise. Buying ring binders to store your work is important and I also opted for a small folder to keep in my bag to carry my notes for that week, homework etc.

Hope this helps :smile:

it certainly does help a lot! thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest