Help!!!!!!!! I'm trying to get my conditional requirements in and having problems

Watch
ISABELLAGA7
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Ok so I got accepted to the university with the condition that I spoke English well enough. I sent in that proof weeks ago but they needed a better photo of something so I resent that document 8 days ago. I never got a response to that email. I'm not a UK citizen so I need to apply for a VISA and to apply for that I need a CAS number and I can't find the place on euclid to request it. So basically I need help with three things: what is the best email I can use to get a fast response, can someone tell me how they got their CAS number and how long it took and, what happens if I don't get my VISA in time.
pineapplemango
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I am not sure if you have gotten it sorted yet or not, but I´ll respond anyways just in case I´ll be an international masters student at UoE this fall.

I would contact the international office. I emailed them with some concerns back when I was in the application process since admissions didnt respond, and they got back to me the following day with some insight.

In order to request the CAS you will need to have an unconditional offer. Once your offer is unconditional there is a section of the application website (same place where you can find your application status etc) where it says "Do you need a VISA? Request a CAS here" and you just click it and its requested pretty much.

It normally takes up to two weeks for you to receive your CAS, that is what it took for me, but for some people it has been shorter. Once you get it you just have to confirm that the information on there is correct, and its all done. For me they had misspelled my name, I let them know, and they had it fixed by the following day.

The VISA process was much faster than expected. Takes about an hour maybe to fill out the online application form. Youll get a VISA appointment fairly quickly I believe to get your biometrics taken (photo, fingerprints, etc), although you might have to book it yourself but it will say where and how to book it at the end of the application. I sent in my application on a Saturday and had my VISA appointment the following Thursday. Only took a week from my appointment until I had my passport and VISA back, and I didnt even pay for express, I just did the standard route. If you are super worried there is an option where you can pay for express service and it should only take a few days or a week to get your VISA.

The university has guidelines in place in case you cant get your VISA in time. You would just have to arrive whenever you get it, and do the first weeks online worst case scenario, but you would still be a student, they wouldnt take your spot away or anything Especially with COVID they are super understanding, as not everyone is able to arrive on time due to quarantine and stuff.
ISABELLAGA7
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by pineapplemango)
I am not sure if you have gotten it sorted yet or not, but I´ll respond anyways just in case I´ll be an international masters student at UoE this fall.

I would contact the international office. I emailed them with some concerns back when I was in the application process since admissions didnt respond, and they got back to me the following day with some insight.

In order to request the CAS you will need to have an unconditional offer. Once your offer is unconditional there is a section of the application website (same place where you can find your application status etc) where it says "Do you need a VISA? Request a CAS here" and you just click it and its requested pretty much.

It normally takes up to two weeks for you to receive your CAS, that is what it took for me, but for some people it has been shorter. Once you get it you just have to confirm that the information on there is correct, and its all done. For me they had misspelled my name, I let them know, and they had it fixed by the following day.

The VISA process was much faster than expected. Takes about an hour maybe to fill out the online application form. Youll get a VISA appointment fairly quickly I believe to get your biometrics taken (photo, fingerprints, etc), although you might have to book it yourself but it will say where and how to book it at the end of the application. I sent in my application on a Saturday and had my VISA appointment the following Thursday. Only took a week from my appointment until I had my passport and VISA back, and I didnt even pay for express, I just did the standard route. If you are super worried there is an option where you can pay for express service and it should only take a few days or a week to get your VISA.

The university has guidelines in place in case you cant get your VISA in time. You would just have to arrive whenever you get it, and do the first weeks online worst case scenario, but you would still be a student, they wouldnt take your spot away or anything Especially with COVID they are super understanding, as not everyone is able to arrive on time due to quarantine and stuff.
This is so helpful, thank you so much!

I actually got an unconditional offer today and requested my CAS number so I am feeling a lot less stressed!
pineapplemango
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ISABELLAGA7)
This is so helpful, thank you so much!

I actually got an unconditional offer today and requested my CAS number so I am feeling a lot less stressed!
Congratulations!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
5.71%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (7)
20%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (4)
11.43%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (3)
8.57%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (11)
31.43%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (8)
22.86%

Watched Threads