The Student Room Group

vent :(

if you're active on any of the popular social medias then you would've seen the posts and videos saying that stretch marks, facial hair, spots etc are beautiful and that you should love them
i am sick to DEATH of them
people need to stop turning insecurities into things that are just beautiful
because theyre not, what they are is NORMAL
and people shouldnt be made to think that they have to be beautiful
you can like them im not saying you cant but society needs to stop pushing the idea that everyones is beautiful
also things according to society are always either beautiful or something to be insecure off and its rly bl00dy annoying
why cant it just be the standard to accept yourself and not feel the pressure to find your stretch marks for example beautiful
anyways hows ur day :smile:
Reply 1
yuh i waffled alot, its been on my chest for a while
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
you can like them im not saying you cant but society needs to stop pushing the idea that everyones is beautiful

lol please read this part correctly, after rereading it, it looked like i was saying that "society needs to stop pushing the idea that everyone is beautiful"
i dont mean everyones as everyone is but as the other one
sry my english isnt great
100% agree, highlighting these perceived 'imperfections' only draws more attention to them which in turn makes them something unusual i.e. not normal. If they were 'normal' then no one would feel the need to comment on them because they wouldn't stand out or be anything special.

I feel similar regarding the body positivity movement. I'm all for people feeling confident and beautiful but forcing others to be body positive kind of smacks of insecurity to me. I think we should strive to be body neutral, meaning we don't have to love how we look, we can want to change it if we want, but we're still grateful for everything our bodies do for us.
How are my days? Never that great
Reply 5
Original post by bones-mccoy
100% agree, highlighting these perceived 'imperfections' only draws more attention to them which in turn makes them something unusual i.e. not normal. If they were 'normal' then no one would feel the need to comment on them because they wouldn't stand out or be anything special.

I feel similar regarding the body positivity movement. I'm all for people feeling confident and beautiful but forcing others to be body positive kind of smacks of insecurity to me. I think we should strive to be body neutral, meaning we don't have to love how we look, we can want to change it if we want, but we're still grateful for everything our bodies do for us.

exactly!!!!!
Ive always felt pressure to find my body beautiful and i dont which is fine but im starting to in my own way, but having it shoved down my throat just made me guilty because i didnt feel that way
Reply 6
go on:colondollar:
Reply 7
what the actual hell did i just read

Quick Reply

Latest