The Student Room Group

Sister has Covid, but my work want me to go in

So me and my sister work with each other, my sister has been feeling rough over the past couple days and it turns out she has Covid, so obviously she will have to isolate for 10 days herself, shes literally sticking to her room, but on top of that, there has been a little outbreak at my work, with 2 others all testing positive in the past week aswell.

I had today off as holiday, but I am unsure of how to go about what to do tomorrow, they said to my sister that I should do a test and if it's negative go in, but isn't this illegal? To be honest, I am not really fussed about going in if I am negative, but I do not want to break any laws or whatever.

One person tested positive last week, it's not great news, but not bad, my sister yesterday and somebody else tested positive today, we do tests twice a week as we are situated right next to a test center.

Somebody went to HR regarding the issue/outbreak and they responded with “if at any point anyone feels uncomfortable they can work from home but as a business will advice daily testing”. I am happy to work from home aswell, but I may need to go in for an hour just to set this up. What shall I do?
Do you live with your sister/have contact with your sister?
Reply 2
Original post by GabiAbi84
Do you live with your sister/have contact with your sister?

Yeah, we live in the same house
Original post by cbaforcba

You have a legal responsibility to self-isolate, or be fined £1000-10,000.
Original post by cbaforcba

Then if you have had contact with her within 48 hours of her symptoms/positive test then you must self isolate. Your work cannot tell you that you need to come in.
They obviously can require you to work from home if that is an option rather than have time fully off but they cannot ask you to break your isolation.
Reply 5
Original post by GabiAbi84
Then if you have had contact with her within 48 hours of her symptoms/positive test then you must self isolate. Your work cannot tell you that you need to come in.
They obviously can require you to work from home if that is an option rather than have time fully off but they cannot ask you to break your isolation.

Spoke to my work and they said straight away that I will just have to isolate.

My sister believes that they're going to have a meeting with all the managers etc as 3 people getting it within one week is not good news at all. They just said Isolate and nothing about working from home, but ofcourse I will do all I can from home.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending