The Student Room Group

What degree is bedt

Hi
Im in year 12 and have no idea what degree I should choose to do in the future. I can’t decide wether to do pharmacy, medicine, pharmacology, biomed, biochem or any other degree along this line.
I would love some help for what degree is actually worth doing
Original post by Ellisj53
Hi
Im in year 12 and have no idea what degree I should choose to do in the future. I can’t decide wether to do pharmacy, medicine, pharmacology, biomed, biochem or any other degree along this line.

All of these degrees are worth doing - you should try to figure out which would suit you best. Perhaps some work experience or a bit of research online to better understand the different careers that arise from these degrees would help?
These are quite varied degrees! As the above poster said, some research/work experience into each would be good.
My advice would be is to consider your skill set - do you like working with people? Would you prefer a research based career instead? It might help a bit :smile:
Original post by Ellisj53
Hi

Well, have you done any work experience? What do you want in a job? What are your criteria for "worth doing"?
You have to figure this out for yourself as these are really very different careers and degrees.
Hi!

As the above commenter said, every degree is worth doing! What is important is to pick a degree that you will enjoy, as that is what will help you flourish and reach your full potential!

Swansea University Medical School offers a Pathway to Medicine which may be good for you to consider. The pathway allows you to do any of the five following undergraduate courses:
-Medical Pharmacology (what I studied)
-Applied Medical Sciences
-Population Health and Medical Sciences
-Medical Biochemistry
-Medical Genetics
By entering one of the above courses, you can pick a module called "Doctors, Patients and Goals of Medicine" in second year. Achieving 60% in that as well as the lower cut off score for the GAMSAT, you are guaranteed an interview for postgraduate medicine at Swansea University. You can enter on this pathway and not to medicine at the end if that is what you wish - there are Research and Enterprise pathways too. These pathways allow you to be exposed to many different career and research opportunities throughout.

Let me know if you have anymore questions :smile:
Romessa - Medical School :smile:
Original post by Swansea University Colleges
Hi!

As the above commenter said, every degree is worth doing! What is important is to pick a degree that you will enjoy, as that is what will help you flourish and reach your full potential!

Swansea University Medical School offers a Pathway to Medicine which may be good for you to consider. The pathway allows you to do any of the five following undergraduate courses:
-Medical Pharmacology (what I studied)
-Applied Medical Sciences
-Population Health and Medical Sciences
-Medical Biochemistry
-Medical Genetics
By entering one of the above courses, you can pick a module called "Doctors, Patients and Goals of Medicine" in second year. Achieving 60% in that as well as the lower cut off score for the GAMSAT, you are guaranteed an interview for postgraduate medicine at Swansea University. You can enter on this pathway and not to medicine at the end if that is what you wish - there are Research and Enterprise pathways too. These pathways allow you to be exposed to many different career and research opportunities throughout.

Let me know if you have anymore questions :smile:
Romessa - Medical School :smile:

can i ask how you found medical pharmacology and what's it like ? as i'm thinking of studying this in cardiff :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending