The Student Room Group

euro 2020 *lets talk about it (no ignorance)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Stumpy1001
Does the term white need to be mentioned? why cant we just condemn it as a whole without trying to point fingers a particular ethnic groups.

why it specifying a majority group that happens to be white an issue.
if the context of discussion doesn't apply to it shouldn't bother you, but if the shoe fits...
Original post by samcarolinx
if the context of discussion doesn't apply to it shouldn't bother you, but if the shoe fits...

So why did you single out white racists?

I never said it was. My point is, racism is racism. Racism is not a white person disease. It is a human created concept that any human being is capable of falling prey to. Tackling racism would be better solved by focusing on it as a whole, not a poo flinging contest, by singling out one race over another.

To sum up, who cares if the perpetrators are white, black, , asian, mixed etc.......... Lets just start condemning it as a whole regardless of the skin colour of the person who said it.

Facts 💯
I am tired of the treatment of black England played by white England supporters

why is it that they are only good enough when they are carrying your country to the finals for the first time in 55 years and the first thing you do when you lose is call the black players racial slurs as if they were not the reason YOUR team even made it. It really goes to show that black people and poc in Britain are only welcome and able to live humane lives if they are benefiting this country.

all through lockdown when people were struggling guess who was out here providing you and your kids food Marcus Rashford and you turn around and treat him like sh*t because he missed a goal as if he wasn't doing more than your government ,providing you with the basic necessities to cope through lockdown f u all.

this proves a point that England fans don't deserve to win because there has been black men verbally assaulted physically assaulted and they even beat up innocent black people as well as Italian fans .
they've stabbed black people and pushed a black man onto train tracks and have thrown a black man into the river Thames and multiple Muslim girls had their hijabs pulled off all because of football black people and poc are being attacked because a bunch of white men cant contain their frustration. This country is a disgrace

England fans don't deserve to win because they lack the human decency to accept that the final put a lot of pressure on the boys and the attack on saka is unacceptable he is 19 and grown men who really aren't doing sh*t with their lives are attacking him for having his goal caught that is pathetic.

Honestly, it genuinely sickens me. Fans don't get the results they hoped for and the racist comments come out. It's disgusting and imo just shows how many racists there are living in England, and how they are just waiting for some bs excuse to publicise their vile views through hate speech and violence.
Please note however, to say 'carrying your country to the finals for the first time in 55 years' simply isn't true, England was in the euros final in 2009- but that's often forgotten bc it was England's women's team.
Original post by honeycloud
That is spot on and uno what is sad? black people were saying that they were going to get attacked if England didn't win. They are too scared to go outside.

yeah. i’m black and my asian best friend warned me not to go out because of all the attacks... we never get a break do we?
Original post by nightingalegend
yeah. i’m black and my asian best friend warned me not to go out because of all the attacks... we never get a break do we?

Are there any credible reports of black people being attacked for being black after the game? Not doubting you, I just can't find anything.
Original post by 2PllsIPp
Are there any credible reports of black people being attacked for being black after the game? Not doubting you, I just can't find anything.

yes, there are several videos... in my friend’s neighbourhood a black man was attacked in the pub they were watching the game in, once the last goal was lost and the analysis began to play. this was witnessed by her mother as she walked back home.
Vai italiaaaa!!!!! 🇮🇹
(edited 2 years ago)
yes, there are several videos... in my friend’s neighbourhood a black man was attacked in the pub they were watching the game in, once the last goal was lost and the analysis began to play. this was witnessed by her mother as she walked back home.

how do you know it was racially motivated? Maybe he mouthed off to them. Maybe he was Italian.

I'm not condoning the actions, im just trying to work out why when you see a white guy hit a black guy you immediately assume racism. I bet you wouldn't id it was the other way round.
(edited 2 years ago)
how do it was racially motivated? Maybe he mouthed off to them. Maybe he was Italian.

I'm not condoning the actions, im just trying to work out why when you see a white guy hit a black guy you immediately assume racism. I bet you wouldn't id it was the other way round.

attacks have been reported all over the news... and for the record, he was an England fan. it’s hilarious how white people will blatantly deny racism, even if it’s right under their noses, because they’re too uncomfortable to assess their own biases.

i wouldn’t assume so if it was the other way around, because reverse racism is ********. i’m not going to waste my breath explaining to you why it does not exist, you can do that research yourself.
attacks have been reported all over the news... and for the record, he was an England fan. it’s hilarious how white people will blatantly deny racism, even if it’s right under their noses, because they’re too uncomfortable to assess their own biases.

i wouldn’t assume so if it was the other way around, because reverse racism is ********. i’m not going to waste my breath explaining to you why it does not exist, you can do that research yourself.

again how do they know? just because you say/they say it is doesn't make it so. Journalist integrity in this country is dead. If i call you a paedophile are you now a paedophile?

Its hilarious how you take any incident and spin into one about racism without a single shred of evidence.
(edited 2 years ago)

I'm sorry for you friend's neighbour, disgusting

I haven't seen any attacks reported on the news and I've been actively searching. Can you please post a link?

Can you also please post a link to some of the videos? I've seen some unsubstantiated videos on social media that could be anywhere or from any time. No evidence linking them to recent events in the England, and no evidence of them being racist.

Thanks in advance
(edited 2 years ago)
again how do they know? just because you say/they say it is doesn't make it so. Journalist integrity in this country is dead. If i call you a paedophile are you now a paedophile?

Its hilarious how you take any incident and spin into one about racism without a single shred of evidence.

if you call someone a racist with evidence, then they are a racist until proven otherwise. the same goes for pedophilia, sexism, ableism, or any other form of credible discrimination, if you please.

it’s hilarious how you are blissfully ignorant.
if you call someone a racist with evidence, then they are a racist until proven otherwise. the same goes for pedophilia, sexism, ableism, or any other form of credible discrimination, if you please.

you have yet to provide any evidence. and you have for the second time wilfully disregarded the first halve of my post.
I'm sorry for you friend's neighbour, disgusting

I haven't seen any attacks reported on the news and I've been actively searching. Can you please post a link?

Can you also please post a link to some of the videos? I've seen soem unsubsantiated videos on social media that could be anywhere or from any time. No evidence linking them to recent events in the England, and no evidence of them being racist.

Thanks in advance

all over the news and yet you actively searching cant find one, not loads, just one verified video of a post euro racially motivated attack. Shock!

The problem is, you haven't actually provided any evidence apart from 'white people are blind', just claims. I'm not doubting you, I'm just asking for evidence for the claims you've made.

Can you also please post a link to some of the videos? I've seen some unsubsantiated videos on social media that could be anywhere or from any time. No evidence linking them to recent events in the England, and no evidence of them being racist.

Thanks in advance

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/euro-2020-racial-abuse-east-24522752 here’s an article on verbal racism.

a tweet: https://twitter.com/lovinglynch/status/1414574181279207427?s=20

also https://twitter.com/valueeverylife/status/1414370165718929409?s=20

there are videos circulating on snapchat which i’ve chosen not to see, for my own sake. there’s been a number of attacks on asians, too.

I’m sorry for you friend’s neighbour, disgusting

thank you :smile:
you have yet to provide any evidence. and you have for the second time wilfully disregarded the first halve of my post.

i did regard it, and you haven’t said anything worth giving a second glance.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/euro-2020-racial-abuse-east-24522752 here’s an article on verbal racism.

a tweet: https://twitter.com/lovinglynch/status/1414574181279207427?s=20

also https://twitter.com/valueeverylife/status/1414370165718929409?s=20

there are videos circulating on snapchat which i’ve chosen not to see, for my own sake. there’s been a number of attacks on asians, too.

12 people were stabbed and not a single news story, doesn't sound very true.

Would you look at that, you are spreading fake news.
https://www.mylondon.news/news/zone-1-news/euros-police-dismiss-fake-rumours-21029924
https://www.mylondon.news/news/zone-1-news/euros-police-dispel-rumours-after-21028564

Quick Reply

Latest