What to do if i miss my entry requirments?

Watch
Zdos123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hello,
I've applied for a undergraduates degree in computer science with a foundation year at UWE, the requirements for said course are 72 ucas points/ DDD however due to absolutely terrible mental health (still ongoing), i'm more likely to acheive FEE.

I've been wondering how flexible UWE will be with grades and i'm assuming it's not this flexiable so i was wondering what the hell do i do next. What other ways do i have of getting onto a computer science, i could do resits but i'm hesitant due to the absolutely aweful experience i had with my a-levels, are there any other ways or is it better if i just resit them or do them again entirely.
Thanks,
Zdos123
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Ring UWE and ask them these questions directly.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Any uni would be concerned that you describe your mental health problems as “still ongoing” as this is likely to affect your ability to cope with the course. I would consider taking time out to work on your issues before going to uni. If A levels aren’t for you maybe you should consider an alternative course like an Access to HE but the main thing is to concentrate on your mental health for now
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (5)
8.93%
I need help researching courses (5)
8.93%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
5.36%
I need help with my personal statement (24)
42.86%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (14)
25%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
3.57%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
5.36%

Watched Threads