Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Sorry about this i suppose its a waste of your time listening to me jabber on about this when there are people way worse of than me. i seem to be getting very tearful and down almost everyday over the last month its worse at the weekends as i have more time to think. My mum just thinks its my problem, i dont want to go to doctor as a medical history of any mental health problems wont look good for radiography and plus iv got to have a medical check. I just am fed up of people using me just taking advantage of me for different things including my friends, one of thems in a funny mood, the other one is soo up her own arse think shes great when she gets a good mark when no offence to her she isn't very brainy and she knows it. I just feel i cant be bothered any more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chocolate_Lover)
    Sorry about this i suppose its a waste of your time listening to me jabber on about this when there are people way worse of than me. i seem to be getting very tearful and down almost everyday over the last month its worse at the weekends as i have more time to think. My mum just thinks its my problem, i dont want to go to doctor as a medical history of any mental health problems wont look good for radiography and plus iv got to have a medical check. I just am fed up of people using me just taking advantage of me for different things including my friends, one of thems in a funny mood, the other one is soo up her own arse think shes great when she gets a good mark when no offence to her she isn't very brainy and she knows it. I just feel i cant be bothered any more.
    I'm sure exercise and this type of stuff is probably the last thing on your mind when you're feeling depressed but you should try it since it makes you release endorphins (sp?) which helps against depression, besides, I also find that jogging helps me when there's just too much going on...

ReputationRep:
    me too except i don't have relationship problems (yea i do have friends )
    life can be so crap

ReputationRep:
    i'm not gonna say that i know how you fell cause i don't, but i can imagine how you must be feeling. i don't really know what to say, have you i don't know tried writing poetry.... getting all your feelings down on paper or talking to someone really close like a brother or sister.
    try to look on the bright side, and try not to let anyone put you down... beacuse it seems like your friends aren't worth it.
    trying doing something new... or just don't you feel motivated?

ReputationRep:
    i suppose i have uni to look forward, i dont get on with my brother at all, thats another thing!! Thanks for being understanding

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natalie Lane)
    I'm sure exercise and this type of stuff is probably the last thing on your mind when you're feeling depressed but you should try it since it makes you release endorphins (sp?) which helps against depression, besides, I also find that jogging helps me when there's just too much going on...
    yea sport is meant to help i used to attend an athletic club but ive no motivation any more. i don't want to, but i want myself to want to if u know what i mean so i can get out of this fom (frame of mind)

as for the thread starter - try and relax everyday (although ive no room to talk)

ReputationRep:
    yea i do go to gym, i haven't as i have exams at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    Ha I know someone who is so upherself when she gets a half decent mark. Tis funny she is thick but she doesnt know it!
    To make yourself feel better kick ass-whether it be a sport,academically or whatever you do. Winning is very uplifting.

ReputationRep:
    do you, its true no offence as some people cant help their ability but i mean her grades aren't a patch on mine all of a sudden shes like work work not even goin to uni i just dont understand it her heads getting bigger!!

ReputationRep:
    i suppose i have uni to look forward, i dont get on with my brother at all, thats another thing!! Thanks for being understanding

(Original post by Ahollisan)
    try to look on the bright side, and try not to let anyone put you down... beacuse it seems like your friends aren't worth it.
    trying doing something new... or just don't you feel motivated?
    Its much better in university, there are a lot of great people who understand and help each other. It would be a great idea to try something new, meet new, undertanding people.

ReputationRep:
    do you, its true no offence as some people cant help their ability but i mean her grades aren't a patch on mine all of a sudden shes like work work not even goin to uni i just dont understand it her heads getting bigger!!
    Aye. Provides amusement though.She got an unconditional for uni today-which isnt hard because we sit scottish highers in lower 6th and thats what uni use to let us in. Upper 6th is a scive). Anyway she was up herself again but it is a crappy uni(which i wont name) so i was being all sarcastic and 'wow well done you are so smart'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saiyamana)
    Its much better in university, there are a lot of great people who understand and help each other. It would be a great idea to try something new, meet new, undertanding people.
    didn't work for me lol, then again i actually live at home and treat uni like going to school/college.
    make sure u move out lol!

ReputationRep:
    Im not sure whether to move out ot not due to money. I think i may stay nearby but moving into halls is what i should do i think as i need to meet new people urgently!!

ReputationRep:
    Hun listen to my theory...friends are great blab blab bla...but they are called friends because they give you some good joyful times,...they cause you some depression or sadness forget about them ...you dont owe them anything unless they are sooo nice and stuff like that..secondly sun will keep rising and life is fine the wind doesn't always goes like the ship wants..but well everybody is the same..cheeer up

ReputationRep:
    Moving into halls is a great way of meeting people, and there is always somebody around that can help you and talk to you. Wardens and hall managers provide a secure environment and help the transition. Depression is a difficult thing to cope with by yourself and living in halls would mean you'd be around people that'd hopefully understand.

ReputationRep:
    Cool you live in Southampton thats where i live!!

ReputationRep:
    Ooohh I love it! In my 1st year

ReputationRep:
    i dont want to go to doctor as a medical history of any mental health problems wont look good for radiography and plus iv got to have a medical check.
    Just suggesting, but you could call a helpline, they are very very helpful and I dont think they keep your details on record.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE]Ooohh I love it! In my 1st year

so what halls you in do u ever go to Ikon or Bambuu bar?
    its great i love West Quay!!

thanks for the advice i dont know if a helpline would help talking about it should be the best thing to do but it makes me upset

ReputationRep:
    I'm in Hartley Grove and yes go there..off to Jumpin Jaks tomorrow night.

Helplines are good, Soton Uni has a nightline...it's discreet and even thought it may be upsetting it might make you feel better afterwards?

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.