Do guys not like girls who don't dress girly?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Curious. I'm fairly attractive-looking but I don't wear girly clothes and don't leave my hair down.

Guys, does that reduce attractiveness or does it have no effect?
Moonlight Rain
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
Sigh... For the billionth time, every guy is different!
Some will like girly some won't some won't care like there's billions of men
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
I for one like girls who don't dress in a stereotypically girly way. I like the way people look when they wear sensible, comfortable, functional clothes. I find it attractive when people just look like themselves rather than dressing to align to some standard of how they're supposed to look.
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Like Moonlight says - I'm sure there are plenty of guys who like the stereotypically feminine look, and plenty like me for whom it doesn't do much.
Anonymous #1
Alright thanks : D

Anyone else?
Anonymous #2
Report 4 months ago
On average i like a little longer hair more but some girls look great with short hair. I would much rather see a girl in a nice dress than a suit but casual clothes can look great no matter if they are girly or not. If you are asking colorwise i dont think it matters too much. And i would say wear what you like so that you attract someone that likes what you are like.
ifreakingloveme
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
some guys don't mind, but then again the end goal isn't to get attention from guys or look attractive to them. do what you want
the_pharaoh
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Curious. I'm fairly attractive-looking but I don't wear girly clothes and don't leave my hair down.

It can actually look cuter imo
urlocalinmate
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Not really into that style...
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 months ago

Anyone else?

I don’t. If you mean like wearing a tracksuit, that would turn me off.
username4899406
Rep:
Report 4 months ago

Anyone else
If a guy is genuine and loves you for who you are it shouldn't make a huge difference anyway
bennydfrg
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 4 months ago

hmm honestly depends on each guy for me i wouldnt know unless i saw you haha as i like some people who look how you described but wouldnt like others
ANM775
Rep:
Report 4 months ago

really depends on the girl tbh

some can get away with it to a certain extent..., others it harms

if you are non girly like these lesbians ..then yes, I don't think you'll be attracting much men...

londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Varies according to the specific guy.

Different guys have very different attraction dealbreakers, beauty standards and relationship preferences.
Just as girls do.
Often highly looks orientated individuals will prefer or only be sexually attracted to a specific type in terms of facial appearance, hairstyle, body structure, clothes and fashion sense.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by CaptainDuckie)
I don’t. If you mean like wearing a tracksuit, that would turn me off.
Oh, definitely not a tracksuit. I'd never wear that and don't wear sporty kinda clothes like that. My style is casual but minimalistically stylish. I like 90s style casual mostly
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ANM775)
really depends on the girl tbh

some can get away with it to a certain extent..., others it harms

if you are non girly like these lesbians ..then yes, I don't think you'll be attracting much men...

Oh no I don't dress like that at all lol
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Oh, definitely not a tracksuit. I'd never wear that and don't wear sporty kinda clothes like that. My style is casual but minimalistically stylish. I like 90s style casual mostly

Give me an example.
Son of the Sea
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
I mean I’m not turned off by girls in tracksuits or more stereotypically masculine clothing but I can’t deny that’s it’s much more attractive to me when a woman is very feminine, floral dresses and long silky hair 😋
Kimia8Nikzad
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
There are variety of people on this planet and to be honest I have come to the realisation that it is not so much about your clothes but mostly about how you behave
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 4 months ago

Sounds fine to me.

Remember you're not trying to be the most attractive woman to every man you meet.

You merely have to be attractive enough for one man. With that man being the sort that's right for you. And you for him.

All you're doing by dressing the way you do and having your hair the way it is is targeting a certain audience. As long as your type of man is in that target audience your clothes and hair are perfect.

If you aren't effectively targetting your target audience: change your clothes and your hair.

The sort of man that would be attracted to you is likely to be the sort with a certain amount of self-confidence, that's not bothered if he has a trophy girlfriend / wife, that realises that most love making is done with clothes off and that it's the contents of the clothes that counts for more than the clothes. And inparticular, the contents of your mind. A man that isn't shallow. A man that's deeper than average.
Last edited by Dunnig Kruger; 4 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (32)
9.91%
Okay (94)
29.1%
A bit lacking (118)
36.53%
Not good at all (79)
24.46%

Watched Threads